• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full - Waiting for complete characters] Loex’edar: The Dragon War

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Yowch, I hope you're able to recover from the loss of stuffage. Hopefully I'll have my dude done in a day or two as well. I don't have a lot of experience playing dragon PCs. :heh:

Jdvn1

AmorFati, scout:
I'm thinking of making a Brass Dragon Barbarian (or maybe one of the Draconomicon dragons) that will go into (eventually) the Bloodscaled Fury PrC. This requires an age of Young Adult (for Frightful Presence), which means even if I choose the oldest dragon I can from the list of available dragons, it'll take a long time to get to Young Adult, or it may never happen.

What will advancement be like? Do you predict I'll be able to get there eventually? I'm fine with trying something else, but I just wanted to see what you thought.

scout989

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
AmorFati, scout:
I'm thinking of making a Brass Dragon Barbarian (or maybe one of the Draconomicon dragons) that will go into (eventually) the Bloodscaled Fury PrC. This requires an age of Young Adult (for Frightful Presence), which means even if I choose the oldest dragon I can from the list of available dragons, it'll take a long time to get to Young Adult, or it may never happen.

What will advancement be like? Do you predict I'll be able to get there eventually? I'm fine with trying something else, but I just wanted to see what you thought.
The Draconomicon has a feat called "Awaken Frightful Presence," which I would think should fulfill that requirement for the PrC. The thing that'll take a while will be the +22 BAB- with ECL 18 characters, gaining levels can sometimes slow down considerably. I don't think AmorFati or I have decided exactly how many levels this campaign will stretch, but I think it's safe to say that it could take a bit for you to get the prereqs nailed down.

Having said all that, I love the bloodscaled fury, so I fully support you making a try for it ;)

Jdvn1

scout989 said:
The Draconomicon has a feat called "Awaken Frightful Presence," which I would think should fulfill that requirement for the PrC. The thing that'll take a while will be the +22 BAB- with ECL 18 characters, gaining levels can sometimes slow down considerably. I don't think AmorFati or I have decided exactly how many levels this campaign will stretch, but I think it's safe to say that it could take a bit for you to get the prereqs nailed down.
Ooh, didn't think to look for a feat like that. Cool. Thanks! :D +22 BAB is one of the lower prereq's for PrCs in the Draconomicon--that's another one of the things I was banking on. It's such a cool book, I want to try out different parts of it. I'm glad we have casters so I can see that stuff in action too. ;)
scout989 said:
Having said all that, I love the bloodscaled fury, so I fully support you making a try for it ;)
How can I turn down a recommendation like that? :D

Jdvn1

Also, are you strictly going by the alignment restrictions? Does a Bronze dragon _have_ to be lawful good?

Jdvn1

I haven't added stat increases for 4th, 8th, 12th, and 16th HD yet.

Will armor hamper my movement?

70000+ gp to go -- anyone with recommendation to boost my Str? Or my attack? I can afford a Manual +2, but that doesn't seem worth the price.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Drumaxius
[B]Class:[/B] Barbarian 2
[B]Race:[/B] Juvenile Copper Dragon
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Chaotic Good
[B]Deity:[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B] 30 +10 6 p       [B]Level:[/B] 2        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 22 +6  10p       [B]BAB:[/B] +16        [B]HP:[/B] 236 (16d12+112)
[B]Con:[/B] 24 +7  6 p       [B]Grapple:[/B] +26    [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -/-
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2  2 p       [B]Spd/Fly:[/B] 50/150 [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 14 +2  2 p       [B]Init:[/B] +6        [B]Spell Save:[/B] 12
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 +2  2 p       [B]ACP:[/B] --         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] --%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +8    +-    +6    +0    +18   +5    47
[B]Touch:[/B] 18              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 41

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                     12    +7          +19
[B]Ref:[/B]                       9    +6          +15
[B]Will:[/B]                      9    +2          +11

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Bite                      +30    2d6+13     20/x2
2 Claws                   +28    1d6+9      20/x2
2 Wings                   +27    1d4+9      20/x2
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Draconic, Terran, Dwarf

[B]Abilities:[/B]
Dragon Abilities (listed below)
-Breath Weapon DC 21, 8d4 damage
Barbarian Abilities
-Fast Movement
-Illiteracy
-Rage 1/day
-Uncanny Dodge

[B]Feats:[/B] 
1  Combat Expertise
3  Weapon Focus (Claw)
6  Weapon Focus (Bite)
9  Power Attack
12 Multiattack
15 Sense Weakness

[b]Caster Level:[/b] 3
[b]Spells Known:[/b]
0: (6/day)
-Detect Magic
-Disrupt Undead
-Light
-Mending
1: (6/day)
-Comprehend Languages
-Shield
-True Strike

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 148      [B]Max Ranks:[/B] x/x
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Intimidate                17    +2          +19
Listen                    19    +2          +21
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 17    +2          +19
Jump                      19    +10         +29
Search                    17    +2          +19
Spot                      17    +2          +19
Survival                  15    +2          +17
Swim                      8     +10         +18
XXXX                       X    +X          +X

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Gemstone of Fort (heavy)35kgp   --lb
Jaws of the Dragon      40kgp    8lb
Amulet of Mty Fists +4  96kgp   --lb
Belt of Giant Str +6    36kgp    1lb
Gloves of Dex +6        36kgp   --lb
Ring of Sustenance     2500gp   --lb
Ring of Protection +5   50kgp   --lb
Bracers of Armor +8     64kgp    1lb
Pectoral Stud Hlth +6   36kgp
Cloak of Nat Armor +5   50kgp
XXXXX                    xxgp    xlb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]--lb      [B]Money:[/B] --gp --sp --cp
(445500 gp spent)

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               +306   613   920   920  4600

[B]Age:[/B] 30
[B]Height:[/B] x'x"
[B]Weight:[/B] lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Dark Green
[B]Hair:[/B] None
[B]Skin:[/B] Copper
[sblock=Dragon Info][sblock=Dragon Type]Features

A dragon has the following features.

* 12-sided Hit Dice.
* Base attack bonus equal to total Hit Dice (as fighter).
* Good Fortitude, Reflex, and Will saves.
* Skill points equal to (6 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.

Traits

A dragon possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in the description of a particular kind).

* Darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision.
* Immunity to magic sleep effects and paralysis effects.
* Proficient with its natural weapons only unless humanoid in form (or capable of assuming humanoid form), in which case proficient with all simple weapons and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
* Proficient with no armor.
* Dragons eat, sleep, and breathe.[/sblock]
[sblock=True Dragon]Blindsense (Ex)

Dragons can pinpoint creatures within a distance of 60 feet. Opponents the dragon can’t actually see still have total concealment against the dragon.

Keen Senses (Ex)

A dragon sees four times as well a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet. [/sblock]
[sblock=Copper Dragon]Immunity to Acid

Breath Weapon (Su)

A copper dragon has two types of breath weapon, a line of acid and a cone of slow gas. Creatures within the cone must succeed on a Fortitude save or be slowed for 1d6 rounds plus 1 round per age category of the dragon (4).

Spider Climb (Ex)

A copper dragon can climb on stone surfaces as though using the spider climb spell.

Skills

Bluff, Hide, and Jump are considered class skills for copper dragons. [/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Other Feats wanted]Improved Multiattack
Wingover
Rapidstrike
Awaken Frightful Presence (@ 21 HD?)[/sblock]
Appearance: Drumaxius is slightly small for his age, but is not the sort of dragon you want to mess with. He has some scars along his body, but he barely remembers how he got them. He only notices them after battles. His scales are mostly shiny, but are starting to tarnish--a sign he is aging. Not to say he is old, he hasn't even been around as long as some adult humans.

Background: Drumaxius was raised for a while by his mother, but she left him earlier than usual. She had left to get some food and she never made it back. By now, Drumaxius has realized she is more than likely dead, but it does not phase him. He had learned how to live on his own, and to fight on his own. He is driven by passion, but tries to keep his temper in check. If he needs to, he can go into a wild fighting frenzy, but he avoids this when he can.

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
70000+ gp to go -- anyone with recommendation to boost my Str? Or my attack? I can afford a Manual +2, but that doesn't seem worth the price.

Well, if you look at Flitterdust you'll notice that I did decide to go with the manuals for two different stats. I figure they are permanent increases rather than an increase that could be seperated from my character through a sunder attempt or an antimagic field. I figured that with as powerful of creatures that we were playing with - I'd spend the extra money and go for the permanent boosts myself. Mya dvice would be to go with a manual for that very reason ... even if it is costly. Just remember you are paying for longevity of the bonus, too.

Wrahn

First Post
I have two suggestions, first remove the +6 Con from the amulet of supremacy (which you may want to rename as it is also the name of an artifact in the Draconomicon) and replace it with:

Pectoral Stud of Health +6 36,000 (Shirts have the attunement of physical improvement and as per the Draconomincon (pg 24) are interchangeable with Pectoral Studs)

My second suggestion, unless you have a specific desire for Weapon Focus: Claws, I would replace it with Improved Multiattack (Draconomicon pg 70), it is twice as effective.

As for how to spend the remaining gold, well it depends on what you are looking to do, if you want to improve your combat effectiveness, you will get a bigger bang for your buck by increasing the amulet of Mighty fist (55,000gp will get +2 Strength, +27,000 gold will have the same end result with the amulet)

Seperating the amulet from the necklace (moving the Natural Armor bonus to a Cloak (or a Frill Stud which can be used as a cloak (attunement: Protection)) and making the Amulet of supremacy just an amulet of Mighty Fists, using the remaining gold to make it the biggest bonus you can (88,000 by my estimation which is +3 for the amulet for 54,000, the +4 is 96k) is going to be more damage for you in the long run than the manuals.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads