Gale Force 9 Releases Out of the Abyss DM Screen & New Archetype Decks

The DM Screen looks nice it just looks to be a little late. The release date shows Dec 12? The cards would be nice, but I don't like all of those micro transactions. They add up and discourage me from buying them. I suppose I just think they are too expensive.

The DM Screen looks nice it just looks to be a little late. The release date shows Dec 12?

The cards would be nice, but I don't like all of those micro transactions. They add up and discourage me from buying them. I suppose I just think they are too expensive.

JRedmond

Explorer
Gale Force 9 has released some new official licensed D&D stuff. Along with the now traditional DM screen to accompany the latest storyline, there's also a bunch of new Archetype Decks. These decks, like the Spell cards GF9 already produces, add cards for spells or abilities granted by a Domain, Archetype, Circle, Oath, or Tradition.

73909.jpg
73910.jpg
73911.jpg

73912.jpg
73913.jpg
73914.jpg

Click here for info on the new archetype decks.

The Spellbook Cards card decks are an invaluable resource for any magic-user. Having all of your spell details right at your fingertips saves you having to spend time searching through books in the middle of an encounter. And you can easily consult the entire deck when selecting new spells to learn. After each long rest you can set aside those spells you want to prepare for the day. Each deck is made from thick laminated card so they will stand the test of time.

The previously released decks - Arcane, Cleric, Bard, Druid, Paladin and Ranger - covered all of the standard spell lists available to each class. But as your character advances down their own unique path, these new archetype decks give you extra cards for all the additional spells or abilities granted by your Domain, Archetype or unique character specialization.

73704-ROD-DMscreen-1.jpg

Click here for info on the DM Screen.

This screen is the perfect companion for those Dungeon Masters running the Out of the Abyss adventure, or any trek into the Underdark. The front includes ominous images of several demon lords while the back provides quick reference to maps, random encounter tables, and everything you need for an extended stay in the Underdark.

73704-ROD-DMscreen-3.jpg

73704-ROD-DMscreen-2.jpg

Attachments

• 73909.jpg
    73909.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 16,805
  • 73910.jpg
    73910.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 6,437
  • 73911.jpg
    73911.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 5,993
  • 73912.jpg
    73912.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 5,667
  • 73913.jpg
    73913.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 5,639
  • 73914.jpg
    73914.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 5,643
  • 73704-ROD-DMscreen-1.jpg
    73704-ROD-DMscreen-1.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 11,275
  • 73704-ROD-DMscreen-2.jpg
    73704-ROD-DMscreen-2.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 6,883
  • 73704-ROD-DMscreen-3.jpg
    73704-ROD-DMscreen-3.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 9,550
Last edited by a moderator:

darjr

I crit!
This screen looks good. However I'd need to know more about what is on it. like the section that has those paragraphs of text, what is in them? Is it the starting NPC's? If so that's great, for the start, but a waste for any that die, what could that txt be?

Valmarius

First Post
The left-most panel has the rules for madness, including the (short, long, and permanent) tables from the DMG as well as the relevant info for using it in Out of the Abyss.
Next up is the map of the Underdark from the adventure.
The middle-right block of text is all the information about traveling in the Underdark. Foraging/Navigation/Distances/etc.
The info on the far-right is the random encounter chart from the adventure with page references to their entries in the book. This is the only info that is purely for 'Out of the Abyss', as the DMs screen is supposed to be useful for any group roaming the Underdark.

I hope they have levelled-up their proof-reading skills from when they produced their last lot of spell cards. I didn't buy them, but remember reading a lot of complaints about mistakes in them or information omitted.

Valmarius

First Post
Yeah, the Arcane deck has the new SCAG spells in it.
The martial powers deck has all the Fighter Maneuvers in it, as well as racial spells (including Genasi), totem barbarian spells, and eight blank cards for the Bard's magical secrets.

Other than that, the cards are essentially repackaged. These are targeted at those people who bought a specific class deck (say paladin) and want to complete their subclass spell list (hunter's mark for the Oath of Vengeance).

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I've already ordered the DM screen but I didn't know about the new card decks. I'll have to see a bit more since I have all the previous ones.

The version 2 of the deck address the issue mentioned by Olaf above, concentration and ritual information are on them.

darjr

I crit!
I hope they have levelled-up their proof-reading skills from when they produced their last lot of spell cards. I didn't buy them, but remember reading a lot of complaints about mistakes in them or information omitted.

That was their first set of cards. The redone and latest set are pretty awesome.

Remove ads

Remove ads