D&D General Gale Force 9 v WotC Lawsuit Settled

Not long after the Weis & Hickman lawsuit against WotC was voluntarily dismissed without prejudice, the suit brought by GF9 against the company has also been settled and dismissed at the request of both parties, according to ICv2 -- (the original suit asked for nearly $1M to go to Gale Force 9) -- and a continuation of the partnership between the two companies.

GF9_Logo_Starfield.jpg

In both lawsuits WotC had sought to end a licensing agreement. According to ICv2, an original ruling on GF9's request for a restraining order favoured WotC; however the two companies have settled nevertheless.

GF9 told ICv2 "We are pleased to confirm that we have reached an amicable resolution with Wizards of the Coast. Our ongoing partnership for Dungeons & Dragons will continue and more news will follow at a later date."

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Agreed, for starters can Latin America get the Spanish version of the books without having to import them at exorbitant costs from SpainI
I'd be more a fan of a version made in Latin America. Perhaps in Argentina or Chile as these are the places with the most players.

TheSword

Legend
That doesn't say "no money". "fees and costs" would be if the court ordered one side to pay the other's attorneys. That is normal in an amicable settlement, and doesn't mean no money changed hands.
That is true, I revise my comment to say ‘we’re not aware of any money’

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases