• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamer Significant Others

What is your dating status?

• Dating? Is that a new RPG?

Votes: 35 9.5%
  • Currently single, with some prospects.

Votes: 39 10.6%
  • Going steady.

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • Going steady with a gamer!

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Living with my SO.

Votes: 28 7.6%
  • Living with my gamer SO!

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • Engaged.

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Engaged to a gamer.

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Happily married.

Votes: 107 29.0%
  • Happily married to a gamer.

Votes: 99 26.8%

BSF

Explorer
My wife games with the group when she can. With two small children, that isn't always easy. But she is playing in my monthly 'Agents of the Gods' campaign.

Sejs

First Post
Rockwolf66 said:
Currently single, altho I have a Swedish Goth friend who is looking into Domesticateing a wolf.

Carlo: 'ello, Mr. Non-Sequiter, how are you today?

Mr. N-S: I think I shall have a tasty falafel for lunch!

:p

StupidSmurf

First Post
Southern Oracle said:
Happily married 14 years to a wonderful gamer grrl. She started playing when I met her in high school (I was the DM), and continued as a regular member of my group until we married. Kids took her out of the action for a little while, but now the girls are old enough (13, 9, 7, 3) that we can both indulge in the pasttime once more.

Interestingly, we're the only married couple we've ever gamed with. There's another guy in our group of 7 that is married, and his wife games casually, but her job prevents her from joining us. The other four guys in the group range from 22 to 33 and are all single. The 22-year-old has an SO in another state he met online.

Our gaming group breaks down like this:

I run the game. My wife is one of the players.
There's two other married couples, both couples play.
Three single guys.
And my three kids, ages 18-12.

So basically, half our group is composed of married people, three couples to be exact. Pretty cool, IMO!

Sidereal Knight

First Post
DreadPirateMurphy said:
There is even some irony in the idea that openly gay individuals might be in the closet about their gaming, LOL.

I have to admit that I'm in this group... I actually find it easier to tell people I'm gay than I do about being a gamer. (Or "gaymer", as the case may be ! :D )

I guess I have trouble getting used to the deer-in-the-headlights that's-so-weird looks generated by non-gamers. :uhoh:

Sidereal Knight

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
Are you guys coming to Gen Con again next year?

If it's still in Indy, yes! If it moves elsewhere, it will depend on how far away and how much vacation time My Dear Partner has built up by that time. (Recent job change... long story.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads