Games you want to play but haven't

ProtoClone

First Post
Legend of the Five Rings.
Always looked like a really awesome setting and one that could be filled with awesome role playing and combat.

kobold

First Post
Jaws of the Six Serpents. I was a huge fan of the HeroQuest RPG, and this seems to be a slimmed down more accesible game along the same lines.
If only I can talk my current group into it. Being that they are mostly 12 year olds I may have a tough time - their pretty set in their ways.
Darn kids, never let the old man have any fun.

MortonStromgal

First Post
Witchhunter: The Invisible War

I really like 80% of the ideas but between the other 20% and the rules just are a bit too clunky it never worked out past the one shot. I've toyed with using the Solomon Kane rules instead but maybe All for One will actually meet all my requirements for swashbuckling monster fighting.

Cor_Malek

First Post
Not once have I played Vampire: The Masquerade, and this makes ma a saaad owlbear. It just never worked for me for varying reasons, not least of which is that I don't fit well with (what seems to me to be) your typical Vampire player, with tendencies to be goth, emo or both. I hope that someday I can find a group that rocks my boat RP-wise, and plays Vampire (sadly, my friends with who I played for a long time also wanted to play it, but at that time none of us had any experience with it and we stuck with systems we knew...).

Could we meet to learn Vampire Lore?
- - Quoth the Raven - Nevermore.

Mutants and Masterminds - I played a house ruled 1e but I always wanted to just play the game as intended. Hopefully 3e I'll get a chance.

Dragon Age - I liked the video game world. I read a bit about it. The system seems a bit simplistic but I would like to see how it actually plays.

Both awesome games. Dragon Age is also a great game for a one shot. I recently ran one for NCGD and NHGD and both were well recieved. It reminds me of basic. Character creation is simple (once you learn how to do it, it takes about 15 minutes).

For me it would be the following:

Wild Talents
ICONS
Squirel Attack
Spirit of the Century
Star Wars Saga Edition
Mouse Guard
Dr. Who (Cubicle 7 version)
Call of Cthulu
Don't Rest Your Head
Og!
Song of Ice and Fire

I am sure there are more, but that is all I can think of right now!

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Games I'd like to play

Continuum (actually I'd like to even read the rulebook for this one)
Deadlands
Unknown armies (an actual campaign with mages so that gaining charges is a big deal)

For the subject, I would love to play Godlike. WW2, the Allies are nearing victory when beings calling themselves the Norse Gods appear on the battlefield on the side of the Axis. It is only because a single god, Loki, appears that the day is not lost. Soldiers begin developing new powers, and the war rages, with the PCs playing super-powered WW2 fighting Joes.

Umm... I think you've gotten a little confused there. Norse gods aren't a part of godlike. Godlike is simply "people start getting superpowers during ww2" and it goes from there. I mean I think there actually is one 'talent' who's modelled after one of the norse gods, but he's not actually a god, nor does he think he is. The closest you come to a real god is a russian guy who's totally nuts and runs around as an invincible, army-crushing babayaga's hut.

Probably the biggest thing about godlike that makes it different from other supers games is that the superpowers are done in about as down to earth a way as is possible: even the invincible man has to fear a bullet to the brain.

I don't know if I have the name right, but I want to play Og, the caveman game where you learn new words.

I didn't think that learning words was that big a part of the game... although the number of words you know IS a stat that can be increased like any other.

Remove ads