Gaming W/Jemal - FinalFantasy D&D (Going Again!)

ethandrew

First Post
Okay, so I'll put my hat in. I don't mind being one of those characters you introduce somewhere down the line. I haven't fleshed out too much of this guy, but here's what I've got:

Male Favored Soul, he's not all preachy, but he does his worship through food. He's a cook by profession, boisterous, and his spells are cast through his food as a medium. Need healing? Here, eat a tart! You know how all those rpgs are, random fish and bread heal you, anyway, that's my guy. If you're keen, I'll flesh out a background and further concept for you.

Thaedrus

First Post
Mesa's Class?

Well it looks like I will be going more along the Rogue/Ardent->Psychic Weapon Master.

As for powers, I haven't fleshed that out yet, but things that would help with the martial arts theme of this guy, and add to his stealthiness. Looking for a westernized ninja type concept, but I don't like the monk or ninja classes. More of the video game/anime ninja. Looking forward to the character creation rules.

Jemal

Adventurer
Brother Allard : No problem at all.

OK, here's what you've all been waiting for :

THE Starting Team:

Caros (Kyo)
Brother Allard (Aluf, Kyo's Uncle)
Arkhandus (Mikken, Kyo's Cousin)
Sound of Azure (Frida, Kyo's Friend)
Kayista (Boom mage, Kyo's Friend)
And... *Drum Rolll*.....
[sblock]
Thaedrus (Messa Crawe, son of Crime boss, tagging with caravan)
[/sblock]
Congratulations! That leaves the following people to join in at a later date:

*Darimaus - *Mascot(Blink Mage)
*TheMagician - Summoner
*Avalon - Villian(Pirate)
*WarlockLord - Villain (NecromancerPirate)
*Ethandrew - Holy Cook, batman!! ;)
Shayuri - Tinker Mage
Sin - Criminal; Face
Tailspinner - Love Interest(Ranger)
Voda Vosa - Black Mage(Warlock) or Reformed Villain(Warlock)

PLEASE Post here if you are interested in still joining in as a future PC. If you do not post by the end of the week, I'll have to assume you're not interested, and go ahead without you in the plans. The ones with *s are the ones Im pretty sure still want to join in.
[sblock=TheMagician] Hey, sorry I didn't put you in to start, but I didnt want the Summoner in from the very beginning. Would you'd like to talk about how you think we can get you in the party?[/sblock]

Allright, with that out of the way, here's charater creation for the 6 starters:

XP: 50,000 (lvl 10)
GP: 36,000
Allowed Sources: Core, Completes, PHB2(No Robillars Gambit). Also anything else I've allready OK'd. Other things, Ask first and provide a full description of the class/feat/ability.
HP: Max first, Roll on Inviscastle(Reroll 1's) after that.
Rolling: Invisible Castle. ALWAYS put your character name (first name). Some things I'll roll for you (saves, certain skill checks, anything you don't know you're supposed to make).

Equipment: You may have allready noticed that you have significantly less gold than your level would imply. this is because NONE of you will be spending any money on Armour/Shield/Weapon/Staff/Wand)
In Traditional RPG form, you will be provided with, and find/Be able to buy certain 'special' items throughout the game, that will be customized each to an individual.
Just Give me what type of item you would use as Defense (Bracer, Armour type, Etc), and what you would use in your Main/off Hand (These could be 2 weapons, or 1 big weapon[g.sword, staff] or main + off-hand item[1-handed weapon, shield, Orb, Wands, etc].
These items aren't just for Offense & Defense. They will also provide special, Character-related bonuses. If you had anything in mind (Specific weapon/armour enhancement, a specific Wand or Staff [IE spells contained within], etc) then ask.

ALSO, there is no limit to how much you can spend on one item. You'll note I gave you JUST enough to buy a +6 enhancement item if you wish to, though it'll be ALL you have.
Do not worry about Mundane equipment, the Caravan is loaded with it. (this does not count Alchemical items)

Specials & Comments:
[sblock=Brother Allard]
Extra 16,000 XP to show your relative Experience in relation to the others(At start, at least)
That puts you at just starting lvl 12, instead of lvl 10 like the others, but you'll only get the normal gold.
Also, we need to do some overhauling to the Knight. The shield block will be easy to fix, and I need to know if you want to be a choco-rider of if we should swap the riding for something else...? (Though it IS kinda one of their main points)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Caros]
We've allready talked over MSN about what you'll be getting.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Kayista]
Boom? Hmm.. Do you know the "warmage" class? They can add their INT mod to damage with spells. Maybe something similar, but with Charisma? (were you planning on being a Sorceror, or what?) OR, If you ask REALLY nicely, I might be persuaded to let you use a certain chaotic mage, minus some of the buffing power.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Arkhandus]
While Mikken isn't as good a fighter as his relatives, I'm thinking maybe he's a VERY quick learner. Bonus Feat and skill/level (same as human, but stacks with human).
Also, you gain an extra 10% from any COMBAT XP the party gains. (I will be employing different forms of XP. Combat XP would be.. obviously... the XP gained from defeating someone/thing in combat)
[/sblock]
[sblock=SoundofAzure]
I'm trying to figure out something to UP your healing abilities. maybe some of the Healing Feats from complete divine as bonus feats, and/or the Radiant Servant of Pelor's enhanced healing abilities (Auto-Empowered @ low level, Auto Maximized @ mid, both at High). what you think?
[/sblock]
[sblock=Thaedrus]
YOU'RE CRIMINALLY RICH!!!
You start with 50,000 GP worth of Equipment (Same rules as the others, though). ALSO, you can usually get stuff done and items aquired or fenced in most large cities, just by carefully mentioning who you are to the right people. That will be more of a roleplaying thing though.
Also, i'd suggest just grabbing a lvl (or 2) of Monk near the beginning of your career, and abandoning the Lawfulnes later. You don't loose any of the abilities, and when combined with the powers from other classes, they can get the anime feel really well. (Most of my anime styled characters are Ex-Monks)
[/sblock]

*EDITED TO ADD TO THAEDRUS' Section*

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
[sblock=Jemal & Avalon]

Ok, Avalon, I'd make him at about 13th level, but I could lower it to 10th if you want. Maybe 10th would be good to hit the starting caravan. If we want to. [/sblock]

How many undead do I get? A few warrior skeletons? A troll? A fire giant? (This last would be fun).

As for my 600XP bonus, is this applied during creation, or when I join the party? And where will us evil pirates post stats?

Necromancer Pirate just sounds cool.

Brother Allard

First Post
[SBLOCK=Jemal]I'm seeing him more as a knight-protector than heavy cavalry - it seems to fit both the concept and his role in the party a bit better. He'll probably try to stick pretty close to Kyo, and focus feat selection and such on his battlefield control abilities. So while chocobo riding is interesting, it doesn't fit very well with the central idea.

For weapon/armor abilities, for instance, the knight's bulwark of defense ability synergizes well with reach weapons, but Aluf is a swordsman. So either an oversized Masamune-style sword which gives reach, or - even better - an enlarge person ability might be nice. The knight's challenge abilities are another selling point for me, but he'll need to be able to absorb the extra damage coming his way, so maybe DR or fast healing or a great big sack of hit points. Or maybe an animated shield.

As for class abilities, shield block could just be a more general dodge bonus that only applies when wielding a two-handed weapon.

Mounted combat and the bonus feat list would be the other problems with this build (animal affinity, ride-by-attack, spirited charge, trample, and weapon focus (lance), in particular). I suppose it would be easy enough to swap that list out for another one. I'd be happy to make some suggestions, if you like.[/SBLOCK]

G

Guest 11456

Jemal said:
That leaves the following people to join in at a later date:

*Tailspinner - Love Interest(Ranger)

Allright, with that out of the way, here's charater creation for the 6 starters:

Still interested. When will you have character creation for the rest of us? What about ability rolls? Point buy? Roll?

Thaedrus

First Post
What about going with the ninja base class and a level or two of monk with the Ascetic stalker feat from C. Scoundrel? This stacks your ninja and monk levels for unarmed fighting, ki pool, and ki strike. A few skill tricks from the same book would give even more anime feel. The ardent was just there to give the supernatural feel to the martial arts, but if I go monk/ninja with tricky moves, I get that anyway. More about the character and feel than actual mechanics. I could get really crazy with supernatural martial artist idea with sorceror ->enlightened fist from complete arcane, but I am not sure if you want me to get that far down the anime road. probably just stick with ninja/monk unless you have a preference.

Arkhandus

First Post
Glee! a second time. :)

I'll stick with my first concept of Mikken then, I like it.

Mikken's Gear Types: Katana (bastard sword) as primary or two-handed weapon, wakizashi (short sword) as off-hand weapon, and ko-dachi (short sword) as an extra primary-hand weapon for use in two-weapon fighting with the wakizashi. I dunno yet if he'll ever take Exotic proficiency in the bastard sword or not.

He'll probably take Two-Weapon Defense at some point as a feat, to use his wakizashi like a shield sometimes, since he'll be going armorless. Though it'll be used as a weapon as often as not. So, anyway, his Wakizashi short sword will likely be his "armor" item as well as his off-hand weapon.

Having a way to boost the shield bonus from Mikken's wakizashi when using TWD would be nice, but then, with Mikken's low-to-mediocre HP for most of his career, he'll be relying on various sources of AC to avoid harm (since TWD gives +1 shield bonus when using the off-hand weapon for defense, improved to +2 when fighting defensively or taking total defense; which means at least -4 on attack rolls). He'll rely on the Mage Armor spell for an 'armor' bonus, and maybe a Cat's Grace spell for greater Dex bonus.

Other than that.....I guess it'd be kinda neat if Mikken's Ko-Dachi short sword, or his Katana bastard sword, could function as a wand or something (with the usual activation times for wands when used that way), and/or have Spell Storing abilities.

I wouldn't mind giving up Mikken's capacity to summon a familiar, to enable something like that stuff. I like familiars but I don't think Mikken will summon one anyway (the cast of characters is big enough anyway without an unnecessary random moogle or talking cat...*twitch* *grin*).

Remove ads