Gaming W/Jemal - FinalFantasy D&D (Going Again!)

Caros

First Post
Hehe.

Yay @ Main character and whatnot. And good to see so much intrest in this game as well, can barely wait for it to get off the ground I'm so hyped about it =)

Couple of things from my perspective:

Azure: LOVE the pic. Pretty much the exact sort of outfit I was going to work off anyways. Hell the blade is even the black steel I was planning on using <3. Also, great to have just a pure heal type with me for once ^_^

Arkhandus and Allard: Definately make a good pair of family for Kyo. Planning on eventually having a friendly rivalry with Mikken at some point if thats alright.

Other than that, hurry with the chars! *laugh* Mine will be up tomorrow hopefully. But then again I've got free time with not a lot else to do =/

Edit: Well my primary weapon is going to be a katana from his younger days. As far as armor, I'm thinking a vest (Same properties as bracers maybe, different slot) Or bracers *Shrug*

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Of course I'm interested in joining, the sooner the better, as I said in my last post ^^ The question arises, which level do we villains start with? At least my character which I want incorporated in a soon episode

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Jemal said:
OK, here's what you've all been waiting for :

THE Starting Team:

Caros (Kyo)
Brother Allard (Aluf, Kyo's Uncle)
Arkhandus (Mikken, Kyo's Cousin)
Sound of Azure (Frida, Kyo's Friend)
Kayista (Boom mage, Kyo's Friend)
And... *Drum Rolll*.....
[sblock]
Thaedrus (Messa Crawe, son of Crime boss, tagging with caravan)
[/sblock]

Yay! :)

Allright, with that out of the way, here's charater creation for the 6 starters:

XP: 50,000 (lvl 10)
GP: 36,000
Allowed Sources: Core, Completes, PHB2(No Robillars Gambit). Also anything else I've allready OK'd. Other things, Ask first and provide a full description of the class/feat/ability.
HP: Max first, Roll on Inviscastle(Reroll 1's) after that.
Rolling: Invisible Castle. ALWAYS put your character name (first name). Some things I'll roll for you (saves, certain skill checks, anything you don't know you're supposed to make).

Equipment: You may have allready noticed that you have significantly less gold than your level would imply. this is because NONE of you will be spending any money on Armour/Shield/Weapon/Staff/Wand)
In Traditional RPG form, you will be provided with, and find/Be able to buy certain 'special' items throughout the game, that will be customized each to an individual.
Just Give me what type of item you would use as Defense (Bracer, Armour type, Etc), and what you would use in your Main/off Hand (These could be 2 weapons, or 1 big weapon[g.sword, staff] or main + off-hand item[1-handed weapon, shield, Orb, Wands, etc].
These items aren't just for Offense & Defense. They will also provide special, Character-related bonuses. If you had anything in mind (Specific weapon/armour enhancement, a specific Wand or Staff [IE spells contained within], etc) then ask.

ALSO, there is no limit to how much you can spend on one item. You'll note I gave you JUST enough to buy a +6 enhancement item if you wish to, though it'll be ALL you have.
Do not worry about Mundane equipment, the Caravan is loaded with it. (this does not count Alchemical items)

Great. I'll be back after work with a list o' equipment.

[sblock=SoundofAzure]
I'm trying to figure out something to UP your healing abilities. maybe some of the Healing Feats from complete divine as bonus feats, and/or the Radiant Servant of Pelor's enhanced healing abilities (Auto-Empowered @ low level, Auto Maximized @ mid, both at High). what you think?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jemal]
I was pretty much going to take most of those healing feats anyway. :) If you wanted to give me a bonus feat for healing feats at the same rate as a Wizard gets metamagic/item creation feats (every 5th level), that would be heaps cool. That would free up feats for things like Reach Spell and Divine Metamagic: Reach Spell, and Extra Turning.

I like the idea of taking the enhanced healing abilities from the RSoP too, so I could go with that instead if you'd prefer. I'm considering taking Sacred Boost (the maximising divine feat).

I prefer the first option though.

I'm swapping out the Summoning domain for Good (A white mage needs Holy :D ), due to you not wanting summoning at the beginning.[/sblock]

Also, here's a feat from Races of the Wild I was considering taking:
[sblock]
Magic of the Land
Your intimate understanding of the natural worl allows you to imbue your spells with life-giving magical power from the land itself.
Prerequisites: Concentration 5 ranks, Knowledge (Nature) 5 ranks, Spellcraft 5 ranks, caster level 1st
Benefit: When in a natural setting, you can draw on the power of the land to imbue your spells with healing power. For the purpose of this feat, a natural setting is defined as any location not in a constructed area. “Natural setting” includes unworked caverns, but not crafted dungeons and the like.
To use this feat, you must succeed on a Knowledge (nature) check (DC 15 + spell level) made as a free action while casting a spell. You can’t take 10 on this check. If you succeed, each target of your spell is healed of 2 points of damage per spell level, in addition to the spell’s normal effects. If the spell doesn’t have a target entry, this feat has no effect. This healing energy is positive energy, so an undead creature instead takes 2 points of damage per spell level. An unwilling creature can attempt a Will save (at the spell’s normal save DC) to negate the effect. If the skill check fails, the prepared spell or spell slot is lost.
You cannot use this feat on any spell with an alignment descriptor, nor with any necromancy spell.[/sblock]

For weapons, I'll probably go with a light mace or staff. For defense, I can see Frida using either a Ring or Bracers.

Last edited:

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Caros said:
Azure: LOVE the pic. Pretty much the exact sort of outfit I was going to work off anyways. Hell the blade is even the black steel I was planning on using <3. Also, great to have just a pure heal type with me for once ^_^

I'm glad you like it, and happy to be along!

Jemal

Adventurer
I knew I forgot something!

OK, stats are kinda weird:
All stats start at 10, except your 'Prime' Stat, which starts at 18. You get 14 points to spend on a point for point basis, and can't spend more than half on any 1 stat.

To those not in yet : I haven't decided when I'll be putting you in quite yet, but I'd like to let the starting 6 get used to each other for a week or two first. I know that everybody wants in ASAP, but I'll have to look at the concepts and figure out when a good time (story-wise) would be to put you in.

[sblock=soundofazure]
Sure, we'll go with a "bonus healing-related feat every 5th lvl" Also, bonus domain: Healing at level 1 (to replace scribe scroll). SO, you can take a third domain. ;)
And Magic of the Land is acceptable. In fact, it fits very well with one of the plotlines from later in the campaign. :D
We'll go with Staff(2-Handed) and Bracers(Defensive) for you then.
[/sblock]

[sblock=caros]
Katana(2-handed) and Vest(Defensive)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arkhandus]
So which will it be? Katana/wakizash or Kodach/wakizash?
As for Defensive, an Improved Mage Armour would work. I'll also give your off-hand weapon some defensive abilities.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Thaedrus]
That all sounds pretty good. And if you're worried about being TOO Anime, then I must say that A) You haven't played many recent RPG's and B) You've never played with me :D
Don't worry bout it. Anime styled characters tend to make for fun D&D.
[/sblock]

[sblock=BrotherAllard]
Weapon: Masamune.. Hmm, Like an oversized greatsword? Exotic weapon, 3d6 damage, 10' reach, 19-20/x2 threat. Normally has -4 atk when wielded by Medium sized creature.
Maybe some cross between the Samurai class and the Knight class? (Samurai is from Complete Warrior) The Samurai gets several abilities that could be used to replace the Knight stuff that won't be getting used.
Maybe to replace the cavalry feats : Exotic Prof(Masamune), Masamune Proficiencey(No attack penalty for med. size), W.Focus(Masamune), W.Spec(Masamune), Improved Crit(Masamune). 5 for 5.

As for Shield Block, we'll change it to Parry: While wielding a 2-handed weapon with which you have the Weapon Focus feat, you gain a Shield bonus to your AC (1+ what the ability normally gives)
Were you planning on wearing actual armour?
[/sblock]

[sblock=WarlockLord/Avalon] I wouldn't go below lvl 13, they won't be fighting you RIGHT away. I know you want to start soon, but I need time to get the current group going before adding more. the bonus XP is when you start the char. As for the undead, that'll depend on level and what abilities you have that let you make/control undead. I'll be adding some special undead in, though.
[/sblock]

RE: Level, etc for everyone else: I'm thinking on it, but I want to get the starting group underway before I loose track of stuff.

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=Jemal]Well, I don't have whatever book Improved Mage Armor is in, so I have no idea what its level/stats/effects are exactly.

What I was trying for was to use the kodachi and wakizashi most of the time, with Two-Weapon Fighting. Both are statistically short swords (and only minor difference in appearance, I think kodachi were a bit less curved than wakizashi and a bit longer), so Mikken would be able to use Weapon Finesse for both short swords at once.

Though, thinking about it now, and the fact that with TWF he won't get much use out of the Precise Strike ability if he does eventually gains 5 levels of Duelist, I suppose it may be best to ditch the kodachi and just go with the samurai swords.

So let's ditch the kodachi I guess; katana/bastard sword will be Mikken's primary weapon, the wakizashi will be his off-hand weapon and something to use his Weapon Finesse and Two-Weapon Defense feats with.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
A few things (and yes, I'm aware that I'm still awake at an ungodly hour in Arizona; my insomnia won't let me feel sleepy yet :\ ):

[sblock=Jemal]Two or three other things to mention/ask.

1) For now I'm figuring Mikken's 5th-level Wizard bonus feat to be Craft Wondrous Item. I wanted to ask if I can have some of Mikken's starting gear crafted with this feat, taking some sort of XP debt from the item creation costs to be subtracted from the first XPs he earns? If not then Mikken will probably wait till spending time in some other time to craft a few of his personal magic items, after he's gained some XP beyond the minimum needed for remaining 10th-level. Namely, a Headband of Intellect +2, a Blessed Book perhaps (aka Boccob's Blessed Book in the DMG), and a Vest of Health +2 if that's alright (as per an Amulet of Health, but with a different body slot, and probably designed as a loose, outer kimono/jacket; according to the DMG the vest/shirt slot is appropriate for physical-improvement magic items, and Mikken could use a bit more Constitution).

2) One of Mikken's starting magic items will be an Amulet of Natural Armor +2 or +3, if that's alright, to help bolster his AC; this will use up a sizeable chunk of his starting GP since it's not something he could ever craft himself, which is fine.

3) Here are Mikken's ability scores before magic items, his class levels, and his HP rolls with Invisible Castle (I'll post a full character sheet once I finish it).
Str 14, Dex 16 (14 + 4th and 8th-level ability boosts), Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Wizard 5/Fighter 1/Eldritch Knight 3/Duelist 1
HD: 5d4+3d6+2d10 (first d4 maximized to 4 HP; also, I made a typo in my 'Note' on Invisible Castle, saying 5 hp from 1st-level Wizard, when I meant 4 hp from it; the actual HP rolls have the right static modifier (+24; from 4 hp 1st-level, and +2 Constitution bonus x10 character levels))
Mikken's HP with 14 Con, 5 hp from 1st-level Wizard, plus 4d4 Wiz, 1d10 Fighter, 3d6 Eldritch Knight, and 1d10 Duelist (4d4.minroll(2)+3d6.minroll(2)+2d10.minroll(2)+24=65)
[/sblock]

Brother Allard

First Post
[SBLOCK=Jemal]That all sounds good. And yes, I was thinking of wearing armor - heavy armor, actually. If that doesn't fit the feel you're going for, let me know and I'll rethink. I've got strength, constitution and charisma as primary stats at the moment, and dex and wis are basically dumps, so I'll have to rework him pretty substantially if I want to go back and add a level or two of monk.[/SBLOCK]

Avalon®

First Post
[sblock=Jemal]Are you able to receive/open pdf's from your current computer? If so, I may just send you the info about the binder in pdf format. Or you can ask -SIN- for a pdf copy of both the Arms and Equipment Guide and Tome of Magic.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Arkhandus]
RE: Item Creation - If you'll notice, you start with 5,000 XP more than you need to be level 10(You have 50,000. Lvl 10=45,000. LVL 11 = 55,000). Use that 5,000 XP however you wish, but I won't be allowing XP Debt. As for the items you suggest, they all seem good. I usually prefer using Vest over Amulet for Con buffs as well. It just makes more sense.
The amulet of Nat Armour is fine.
HP are good.

Well, there's a spell in the Spell Compendium called "Greater Mage Armour". it's a 3rd level spell, 1 hr/lvl duration, gives a +6 armour bonus(If you wanna use it, it's fine). But that's not what I meant. When I said Improved Mage Armour, I meant I could give you a ring or something that gives you extra defense/abilities whenever you have Mage Armour cast. That's kinda what I meant by the Weapon/Armour stuff. On the other hand, I think I could just combien you Defense with your off-hand Wakizash, and give you Offensive power with Katana..
[/sblock]

[sblock=BrotherA] No, FF has a fair history of people (Especially Knights) wearing Armour. Heavy Armour is fine.
In fact, I've got just the thing in mind for an experienced adventurer such as yourself.
Quintessential Fighter(Mongoose Publishing) had an armour known as DragonScale armour.
Medium Armour, +10 Armour bonus, Max Dex + 3gives Elemental Resistance 10 to the type of the dragon whose scales it's made of (Cold for white/silver, Red for gold/red, etc,etc). I could even see the progressment down the line fairly easily.. Different types of Dragonscale, more powerful Resistance, maybe even immunity at higher level.. What do you think?
[/sblock]
[sblock=Avalon]
Can't do PDF's while I'm at camp here. If you want something you'll have to copy/paste it in an sblock. If it's fairly lengthy, though, chances are I won't want to learn a new system (Ie Incarnum, Bo9S stances/manuevers, etc). I like to KNOW what I'm DMing for.
[/sblock]

Remove ads