• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal - FinalFantasy D&D (Going Again!)

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Frida

Ok, here goes.

Frida
Human White Mage ( Cloistered Cleric 10)

Ability Scores
Code:
Strength: 	10	0
Dexterity: 	14	4
Constitution:	12	2
Intelligence:	12	2
Wisdom :	18	0 (Prime) (20 Enhanced)
Charisma:	18*	6 (20 Enhanced)
*Began at 16, increased at level 4 and 8

HP: 49
9d6.minroll(2)+6+10-> [3,3,2,2,4,3,4,6,6,6,10] = (49) Link to Invisicastle

AC: 13 (+2 Dex, +1 Deflection, +?? Bracers)
Base Attack: +5

Saving Throws
Fortitude +8 (7 base + 1 Con)
Reflex +5 (3 base + 2 Dex)
Will +12 (7 base + 5 Wis)

Cloistered Cleric features
Domains: Knowledge (Bonus), Healing (Bonus), Good, Glory
Lore: As bardic Knowledge. Check +13.
PHB2 Variant: Spontaneous Domain casting: Healing domain. (See page 37 PHB 2)
Turn Undead: 16x per day 3 base +5 Cha + 4 Extra Turning + 4 Nightstick

Skills (all at 13 ranks)
Concentration, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (Religion), Spellcraft

Feats
1: Augment Healing: +2 hp/spell level cured with conjuration (healing) spells
1: Sacred Boost: Spend a turn attempt. Cure spells are maximised on next round
3: Magic of the Land: Make a Knowledge (nature) check to heal 2 hp/spell level to recipients of your spells when in a natural setting.
5: Touch of Healing (Complete Champion): Your touch cures 3hp/ spell level of highest-level healing spell in reserve.
6: Extra Turning: +4 turn attempts per day
9: Divine Ward (PHB 2): Create healing link with 1 person per turn attempt you spend. You can cast cures on such people at close range (25ft + 5ft/2 levels)
10: Sacred Healing (Complete Divine): Spend a turn attempt and give allies within 60 ft fast healing 3 for 1 + Cha modifier rounds.

Magic Equipment
Code:
Nightstick*			7,500 gp	
Cloak of Charisma +2		4,000 gp	
Ring of Protection +1		1,000 gp	
Strand of Prayer Beads**	9,000 gp	
Phylactery of Faithfulness	1,000 gp	
Periapt of Wisdom +2		4,000 gp	
Heward’s handy haversack	2,000 gp	
5 Scrolls of lesser restore	750 gp	
2 Scrolls of remove curse	750 gp
Wand of Cure Light Wounds	750 gp	“Potion” x 50.
Phoenix Down (Pinion?)		5,000gp	Component for Raise Dead spell.
Miscellaneous mundane stuff 	0 gp

Total				35,750gp	
250gp remaining
*This is found in Libris Mortis. It grants +4 Turn undead attempts per day. I'm happy to replace it with something else if inappropriate.
** Bead of Healing, Bead of Karma only

If there's anything I've missed, or that there's something inappropriate in the equipment list, lease let me know.

Last edited:

Avalon®

First Post
Jemal, here's the write-up for the binder. Sorry if it's a bit long but most of it pertains to fluff and RP situations.

[sblock=Binder]-d8 HD
-BAB as Cleric
-Saves as Cleric
-2 +Int skillpoints per level
-Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Gather Info, Intimidate, Knowledge (Arcana, History,

Religion, The Planes), Profession, Sense Motive
-Proficient with simple weapons and light armor but not shields
-[sblock=Soul Binding]Make pacts with vestiges to gain their abilities. You can only bind one vestige at lvl 1. You can bind another

vestige at lvl 8, 14, and 20. You must complete summoning and binding each vestige separately. Your effective binder level or EBL

(equal to your level in binder plus soul binding bonuses you recieve from PRCs or other sources) determines what level of vestige

you can bind. You can only summon vestiges of levels you qualify for.[sblock=List]1st-2nd: 1st level vestiges
3rd-4th: 2nd level vestiges
5th-6th: 3rd level vestiges
7th-9th: 4th level vestiges
10th-11th: 5th level vestiges
12th-14th: 6th level vestiges
15th-16th: 7th level vestiges
17th-20th: 8th level vestiges[/sblock]

To contact a vestige, you must draw its seal visibly on a surface at least 5 ft across. Doing so takes 1 minute of concentration that

provokes AoO's. A seal is potent for only 1 minute after drawing and you must draw a new one to contact a vestige. Some vestiges

may require other requirements as noted in their entry.

Once the seal is drawn, you must perform a ritual that takes a full-round action to summon the vestige. The ritual fails if you cannot

be hears (e.g. in high winds or in an area of silence.) An image then appears w/in the seal that is merely an illusion. This image cannot

harm or be harmed by any creature. You must address it w/in 1 round or it disappears.

To perform a pact with a summoned vestige, you must make a binding check (1d20 + EBL + Cha mod). This process requires one

minute but you can rush it as a full-round action at a -10 penalty. The DC for this checks varies w/ each vestige (as noted in their

entry). Others cannot aid you in making a pact.

Whether the binding check succeeds or fails, you gain a vestige's powers for 24 hours. During that time you cannot rid yourself of

this vestige unless you possess the Expel Vestige feat. The success of the check does, however, determines other aspects of the

pact. If you fail on the binding check (known as making a bad pact), the vestige changes your general demeanor, and it can force you

to perform or refrain from certain actions. If you succeed on the binding check (known as a good pact), the vestige has no control

over your demeanor and actions.

While under the influence of a vestige, you must adhere to its requirements to the best of your ability. If you are conscious and

free-willed, and you encounter a situation you cannot or will not refrain from doing or perform a required one, you take a -1 penalty

on attack rolls, saving throws and checks until that vestige leaves you. If you fail to fulfill the requirements of more than 1 vestige or

disobey 1 vestige more than once, the penalties stack.

As long as you are bound to a vestige, you show a specific physical sign of its presence, as noted in its entry. This is not an illusory

or shapechanging effect. This sign is real and a true seeing spell sees it as it is. You can hide a sign thru mundane or magical means or

you can prevent it from appearing at all if you have the suppress sign ability.

Vestiges cannot be targeted or expelled by any means except by the Expel Vestige feat and can only be suppressed by an antimagic

field or similar effect.

The DC for a saving throw against any supernatural power granted by a vestige is 10 +1/2 EBL +Cha mod.[/sblock]
-Suppress Sign: At 2nd level, you when you make a good pact, you can not to exhibit the physical sign of a vestige at will.

Supressing or revealing a sign is a swift action. You cannot use this ability if you have made a poor pact with that vestige.
-Gain a bonus feat at lvl 4, 11, and 18 from the ff list: [sblock=Bonus Feat]-Armor Prof (Medium, Heavy)
-Diligent
-Investigator
-Martial Weapon Prof
-Negotiator
-Persuasive
-Shield Prof
-Defense against the Supernatural
-Empower Supernatural Ability
-Enlarge Supernatural Ability
-Expel Vestige
-Rapid Pact Making
-Extend Supernatural Ability
-Favored Vestige
-Favored Vestige Focus
-Rapid Recovery
-Ignore Special Requirements
-Improved Binding
-Skilled Pact Making
-Sudden Ability Focus
-Supernatural Crusader
-Supernatural Opportunist
-Widen Supernatural Ability[/sblock]
-Pact Augmentation: Whenever you are bound to at least one vestige, you can choose one ability from the ff list. You can choose

another ability from the list at lvl 5, 10, 16, 20 [sblock=List]+5 Hp
Energy Resistance 5 (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic)
+1 insight bonus on saving throws
DR 1/-
+1 insight to AC
+1 insight on attack rolls
+1 insight on damage rolls
+2 insight bonus on initiative checks[/sblock]
-Soul Guardian: Beginning at 6th level, you gain immunity to fear effects as long as you are bound to a vestige. As you attain higher

binder levels, you gain more abilities. @9th, you gain the slippery mind ability. @13th, you gain immunity to energy drain and negative

levels. @19th, you gain immunity to all mind-affecting spells and abilities.[/sblock]

Btw, I'll be posting the vestiges that I'm planning on using that I'm eligible to bind probably tomorrow.

Jemal

Adventurer
Azure - Nightstick is ok so long as you only use it to actually TURN UNDEAD. I don't allow them to work with divine feats.
As for the rest of the character, it seems fine. Also, you forgot to note that Touch of Healing cannot restore a character to more than half their Maximum HP.

Also, RE: Death, Raise dead, Pheonix Down, etc.
[sblock=Death]
OK, I'll be doing some changes to death. NOW, when someone 'dies' for whatever reason during combat (Death spell, con damage, level drain, or by being reduced to -10 HP), they don't "DIE". They are reduced to -10 HP (if they were knocked out by something other than damage) and are in 'critical condition'. At this point they do not Naturally heal, and loose 1 hp/minute until True Death (Which happens at -HP = your max HP). During that time, Magical healing will Stabilize them, but will not actually restore HP.

Raising Spells: Raise dead, Ressurection, True Ressurection no longer have Material Components, and do NOT restore you from True Death. Casting time is reduced to 1 full round for each, and the effects are as follows:
Raise : Target is returned to 0 HP, healed of Half of any Con damage or Level drain, and restored to Conscoiusness.
Ressurect : Target is returned to Conscoiusness, with 2 HP/lvl and cured of all Con Damage/Ability Drain.
True Ressurect : Target is returned to full health and conscoiusness.

Pheonix Down : Pheonix Down's will NOT be available at start, but may be found later.
[/sblock]

Avalon - I'm reading over the info. Will give you opinion soon.

ethandrew

First Post
Just to give you an update, I'm looking for a likely prestige class, but in the case I don't, the character will most likely be straight Favored Soul.

Brother Allard

First Post
Aluf, so far:

Aluf
Lawful Good Human Knight 12

Str 21 +5 - base 16 + 1 level + 4 enhancement
Dex 12 +1 - base 12
Con 22 +6 - base 18 + 2 level + 2 enhancement
Int 10 +0 - base 10
Wis 10 +0 - base 10
Cha 16 +3 - base 16

Age 32
Height 6'4"
Weight 215 lbs

Description: Tall, broad, and solid, Aluf is an imposing physical presence. Balding, what remains of his jet black hair is pulled back into a ponytail. He wears a full beard which he keeps trimmed up off his neck, but which is otherwise left to its own devices.

HP 172 (12 + 11d12 [88] + 72)
AC 26 (10 base + 1 dex + 10 armor + 3 shield + 1 deflection + 1 natural armor)
DR 2/-
Init +1 (+1 Dex)
Move 30 ft

Fortitude 12 (4 base + 6 con + 2 resistance)
Reflex 7 (4 base + 1 dex + 2 resistance)
Will 16 (8 base + 6 con + 2 resistance)

Attack Bonus +12 BAB
Melee Attack +17 (12 BAB + 5 str)
Ranged Attack +13 (12 BAB + 1 dex)

Melee: masamune +18/+13/+8 (3d6+7, 19-20/x2, 10' reach)
Ranged:

1 knight 1 endurance, power attack
2 knight 2 bonus: ewp (masamune)
3 knight 3 steadfast determination
4 knight 4
5 knight 5 bonus: masamune proficiency
6 knight 6 heavy armor optimization
7 knight 7
8 knight 8
9 knight 9 greater heavy armor optimization
10 knight 10 bonus: weapon focus (masaumune)
11 knight 11
12 knight 12 armor specialization (full plate)

Skills:
* diplomacy +15 (7.5 cc ranks + 3 cha + 2 intimidate + 3 competence)
* intimidate +21 (15 ranks + 3 cha + 3 competence)
* knowledge (nobility) +15 (15 ranks + 0 int)

Class Abilities:
Knight:
* knight's challenge: 9/day
- fighting challenge +2: challenge one foe. swift action, lasts 8 rounds, if opponent has Int of at least 5, a language, and CR 10 or higher, challenge takes effect. Aluf recieves a +2 morale bonus on will saves and attack and damage vs that foe. If that foe reduces him to 0 or less hp, he loses 2 challenges for the day. May not challenge another foe, until first is defeated.
- test of mettle: challenge all foes within 100'. swift action, lasts 8 rounds, if opponents have Int of at least 5, a language, and CR 10 or higher, they must direct their attacks at Aluf (WillNeg, DC 19). Does not make opponents mindless. If a foe under this effect reduces Aluf to 0 hp or less, he gains an additional challenge for the day (limit of 1/day).
- call to battle: swift action. grants an ally who failed a save vs fear a new saving throw.
- daunting challenge: challenge all foes within 100'. swift action, lasts 8 rounds, all opponents with Int of at least 5, a language, and CR 10 or lower are shaken (WillNeg, DC 19)
* parry: +3 shield bonus to AC while wielding a 2-handed weapon with which you have the Weapon Focus feat
* bullwark of defense: if an opponent begins his/her round in a square threatened by you, he/she treats all squares
threatened by you as Difficult Terrain for the round.
* armor mastery (heavy): Aluf's ignores speed penalties for heavy armor.
* vigilant defender: any attempt to Tumble through Aluf's threatened area to avoid an Attack of Opportunity has its DC increased by 12.
* shield ally: as an Immediate Action, Aluf can take half the damage from a melee or ranged attack that is being
taken by an adjacent ally. The ally takes the other half of the damage.

Abilities from items:

Equipment:
* masamune sword
* full plate
* belt of giant strength +4 (16,000 gp)
* circlet of persuasion (4,500 gp)
* shirt of health +2 (4,000 gp)
* cloak of resistance +2 (4,000 gp)
* amulet of natural armor +1 (2,000 gp)
* ring of protection +1 (2,000 gp)
* 3,500 gp yet to spend

Jemal

Adventurer
warlocklord (And other villains) - don't post your character here yet. When I'm ready to introduce you, We'll make sure we've got all the rules & level right and I'll have you email me the character so i can look itover.

ethandrew - allrighty then.

Brother Allard - Lookin good.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=EDITING, not done yet!!]
OK, time for a bunch of World Info.

*VERY ROUGH draft of a map will soon be attached.. I don't like Paint, but it's all I can use at the moment. :(

I'm rating each country on a scale of 1-10 for Magic and Tech.
For Magic, 1 = Almost nonexistant. 10 = Epic magic is common.. 6 would be kinda common, but not everyday.
For Tech, 1 = stone age, 10 = Sci Fi. Mideval would be around 3/4, Modern around 6/7.

Now, for some info on the differen places :
Mazerka - This is where the troupe will be starting (Specifically at the Red dot labelled 'start').
Magic : 8 Tech : 6

Principality of Andren - These are the invading southerners. You'll note
Magic : 9 Tech : 8

Flynn -
Magic : 6 Tech : 5

Walesh - They're just an ordinary country. ok magically, ok technologically.
Magic : 5 Tech : 5

Kingdom of William - This kingdom is ruled by the great Archmage, William. He started out with just a tower, and expanded until he had taken pieces of the neighboring kingdoms for his own. Eventually a peace treaty was settled between him and his four neighbours.
Magic : 8 Tech : 2

Templedom - The Theocracy of Templedom is very anti-Technology.
Magic : 7 Tech : 3

Leandra - The elves of leandra are a mystical and mysterious people. The shortest path to your destination will take you straight through their forest.
Magic : 8 Tech : 3

Dwarven Empire -
Magic : 4 Tech : 8

Northern Wasteland -

Great Desert -

I'll go into some more detailed history/info later, just wanted to get the basics up there.
[/sblock]
BTW,

Warlocklord - I screwed up, you should not have 600 bonus XP, it should be 900. 500 for a MAJOR country/city name(I really like M), 200 each for the little ones.

Caros - 500 XP for naming the Southern Kingom.

Last edited:

TheMagician

First Post
Hoo! Sorry, my internet died for a couple of days, but I'm back. I won't submit a character yet, Jemal, since summoner seems to be a class under construction.

edit: oh, OK, I'm not in the starting party. That works out rather nicely for me, Jemal, since the next two weeks, as of next Monday, are finals and regents, so I'm fine with jumping aboard a little later (I would like to talk to you 'bout story and the summoner class, though, Jemal - I think most FF games handle summoners very differently. Thanks for considering my request...or whatever politeness applies in this situation ;) )

As for country names, hows' about Rialti, Verren, Tarros, Cirrus (I use that one in my game), or Orion? Just a few ideas to bounce around. Never mind!

ethandrew

First Post
You should have a city in the sky, probably high in Magic and Technology... Very exclusive, very secretive, maybe even over one of the poles. Why? I don't know, it just sounds cool.

Remove ads