• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gary Gygax has passed. RIP beloved father of RPG's. (merged)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Thanks for the fun, Mr. Gygax. Even though we didn't see eye to eye on many issues, I'll miss your contributions all the same.

Brakkart

First Post
Mr. Gygax... I never talked to you, never met you and never knew you, and yet your passing feels like I just lost my best friend. I owe you a debt I could never repay. I've played and ran D&D for the past 21 years, most of the friends I have I've gained from sessions of the game you created. Thank you for all the fun and friendship you've helped bring into this world.

kmdietri

Explorer
I can definately say without a doubt that I am the person I am today because of all of the wonderful positive experiences Dungeons and Dragons has given me.

Thank-you Gary.

Silenttimo

First Post
Mordenkainen is no more...

Sad news, but I guess Iuz and his mom had plotted this for a long time : to get rid of Zagig Yragerne !!

So long pal, you've made many many evenings or nights appear endless...

Silenttimo

Aka Silenttimo on many boards
Paladin of Mayaheine (Greyhawk)

Rpgraccoon

First Post
D&D has helped me in so many ways. I know he will truly be missed by all.

Gary I wish you well in the next life. No more fumbles from here on out. :( :)

For 19 years and what must be thousands of hours of gaming, I owe him so much like so many others here. Makes all the 4E arguing seems rather silly.

There will be an empty chair at my game this weekend in his honour. Without him, we wouldn't be here.

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
Gary is dead. It sucks a great deal, considering how accessible he was to the varous D&D fans, on this site and probably on others.

Any chance that the numerous 'ask Pladdoh' threads can be archived / stickied somewhere on this site?

END COMMUNICATION

Remove ads