• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Gauging Interest] WEG Star Wars

d2OKC

Explorer
Yeah, basic starting characters. There are a few things I kind of want to note.

1) I don't particularly care if you fall perfectly within a race's range for attributes. They're pretty arbitrary, so as long as aren't totally min-maxing, I don't mind if you fudge a bit on those.

2) Since there are many species that have been introduced since the WEG rules came out, feel free to just come up with whatever sounds reasonable to you. If, for example, you want to play a Nautolan, just give him (or her) stats that are reasonable, and we'll work together to figure out special abilities and such.

3) Also, feel free to play a new species, if you want. That's part of Star Wars to me - seeing new things. If you think you have a cool idea for a new species, and it has the appropriate Star Wars feel, I'm cool with that. :)

I'm pretty laid back, as a GM, and even more so on pBp. To me, it's all about telling a good story together. I like working with players to come up with characters they really enjoy.

Thanee

First Post
WEG Star Wars is a really cool system!

Count me in, if you start something. :D

I think I have the revised edition (some blue hardcover book), but don't ask me where it is. :lol:

I will take a look into the usual hiding spots of my older books...

Bye
Thanee

d2OKC

Explorer
Great! Welcome aboard!

If you have any specific questions about the system, go ahead and ask. It sounds like any of the three of us could answer them for you.

What kind of character would you be interested in playing?

d2OKC

Explorer
It is also a great resource for Star Wars images, which are a good place to get inspiration for a character. I've used it many times for just that reason.

possum

First Post
Okay, here's the cruch so far on a smuggler archetype. I'll flesh him out a little later today or tomorrow.

[sblock=Smuggler]
Dexterity: 3d+1
Blaster: 4d+1
Pistols: 5d+1
Brwl Pa:
Dodge:
Grenade:
Vehic Com:

Knowledge: 2d+1
Alien: 3d+1
Language:
Planets:
Streetwise: 3d+1
Value:

Mechanical: 3d+2
Astrogation:
Repulsors:
Space Transports:
Starship Gunnery:
Starship Shields: 4d+2

Perception: 3d
Bargain:
Con:
Gamble:
Hide:
Search:
Sneak:

Strength: 3d
Brawling: 4d
Stamina:
Swimming:

Technical: 2d+2
Computer:
First Aid:
Repulsor Repair:
Security:
Space Transport Repair: 3d+2[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
If you have any specific questions about the system, go ahead and ask. It sounds like any of the three of us could answer them for you.

No worries. If I do not find my own, I will borrow it from a friend. :)

What kind of character would you be interested in playing?

Good question... maybe a Bounty Hunter? Those are always cool! :D

Depends a bit, of course, what direction you want the campaign to go.

Bye
Thanee

d2OKC

Explorer
We've kind of discussed this game being about a group of scoundrels already - a bounty hunter would fit in well! If you are all working for the same boss, it would make sense to me that a bounty hunter might occasionally need a lift from one of the patron's transporters.

I probably won't be on a lot tonight, but I'll be able to check my email, so if you guys post anything I'll see it. If you can, start working on those characters and let me know what you come up with.

I'm very excited about this. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Remove ads