• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) GenCon 2023 - D&D Rules Revision panel

Kurotowa

Legend
If I'm not mistaken they said the first UA articles are going to be experimental. They told us that from the start.
Some people don't read the intro and dev notes, they just skip to the crunch. It's shockingly common that people don't RTFM and then complain that they weren't informed. Some people do read those sections, but fail their Reading Comprehension check. Their assumptions and prejudices act as a filter so that even when the devs say bluntly "This is X and Y" they'll see it as the devs lying for marketing purposes or using coded language and that the truth is A and B.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Some people don't read the intro and dev notes, they just skip to the crunch. It's shockingly common that people don't RTFM and then complain that they weren't informed. Some people do read those sections, but fail their Reading Comprehension check. Their assumptions and prejudices act as a filter so that even when the devs say bluntly "This is X and Y" they'll see it as the devs lying for marketing purposes or using coded language and that the truth is A and B.
It's okay. they aren't going to read the PHB either.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Which will never see the light of day again. Ie, pointless waste of time for everyone involved.
"Hey, try these three variations on a recipe, tell me which you like."

"I like the middle one. And I hope never to taste the third one again."

"Okay, but so it's not a waste of time where they never see the light of day again, I'm going to feed you all three."

"Hey, try these three variations on a recipe, tell me which you like."

"I like the middle one. And I hope never to taste the third one again."

"Okay, but so it's not a waste of time where they never see the light of day again, I'm going to feed you all three."

So your idea of "development" is not to iterate on an idea to see how it can be made to work, but to just throw out the idea if it isn't accepted as is.

Whats that stupid edison quote about making lightbulbs?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads