• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy (Issue #5)

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Mr. McCallister nods, "Star is still missing, that is not something I wanted to hear. Detective Williams, nice to see you again," he shook her hand, and turned back to Mark, "at least he is up and talking."

"It's not as easy as it looks," Mark winces. Right about now some painkillers would go over real nice... Mark pushed the thought away. I don't need any more help.

The Detective fills everyone in on what has been discussed thus far.

"And Ryan didn't pay that guy to do it," Mark adds with conviction. "He doesn't have it in him."

"So...uh, when am I fit to swim?"

Shalimar

First Post
Kelly is sitting quietly on the window, occassionally winking at Mark when no one else is watching. Over the course of time that she was in the hospital, clouds had begun to form over it and the surrounding 4 blocks, thick, ominous clouds, the type you would get in the middle of a blizzard in the States or in England, they truly were quite out of place, including the snow that they began to drop over the area. But the truly most amazing thing was the thunder and lightening that accompanied the sudden blizard.

With her back to the window, it was obvious, that it wasn't Kelly causing the weather, or at least not consciously. Weather patterns areound her were rather... odd to say the least, and ven when she didn't mean to, her mood translated directly into the weather in the surrouding 10 or so miles. It was just something that happened around her. Her anger caused thunderstorms, her sadness rain, or blizzards, her happyness could calm almost any storm, it was just part and parcel of her powers.

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
The Institute

Kal and Karen land in the Yard, the place is pretty quiet. Kal sighs, “The rest of the students are on the way I figure, this sucks. Poor Mark, I wonder what happened, if he is in the hospital it must have been really bad, right?”

Kal clenched a fist, “I bet it was Genocide, damn it, that pisses me off. I just can’t stand by, and let people get hurt, but I don’t know what else to do, Aris says we should follow your lead, but I m about to reach my limit…” he sighs, “Sorry, I just hate feeling useless.”

"I hope he's alright," Karen says, looking worried, "Did Aris say anything else about it?"

She takes his hand in hers and tries to calm him, "Calm down. Why would Genocide care about the leader of Legacy? He probably doesn't even know about Legacy yet." Still holding his hand she starts to lead him inside, "Maybe Mr. Kincaid knows more about what's going on."
Inside she'll ask SARAH about the location of Kincaid and if he's in the institute, go look for him.

Hammerhead

Explorer
After making sure the other students were back at the Institute, Ryan takes a Jeep to the Mudaba Adin Metro Hospital, along with any other students who wished to come along to visit the leader of Legacy in the middle of the night.

Agamon

Adventurer
"Star just disappeared...if she would have been taken here, that would have been bad news for Tommy and her. I bet Tommy knows where she is...I hope. What if she's just lying somewhere, hurt, or broken or whatever?" Anika thinks, sighing.

At the mention of Ryan being a suspect, Anika backs-up Mark's statement. "Of course Ryan had nothing to do with this, why would you even think he would?" she says to the detective. "He's a bit upset at not being on the team, but he's not going to hire someone to kill Mark because of it. He hasn't shown any animosity to any of the team members. In fact, he doesn't even want to fight people he does have a problem with," she adds, thinking back to their encounter with Jimmy.

Last edited:

Cassie looks to ryan as the others leave. "I don't know.. I feel.. let down? I am still trying to get though the social graces thing. Yoshi says that Tact is something I only notice in the dictionary." Shrugs. "And well, no offense but I think you need honesty with someone."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ryan sighs as he drives the Jeep to Mudaba Adin Metro Hospital, glancing at Cassandra. "It's not just what you say, it's how you say it. I mean, doesn't 'I would gladly trust you with my life' sound kind of corny and lame to you? I don't know. I guess I would convey the same meaning by saying 'Let's go find the guy who did this to Mark and beat him down." Ryan sits quietly for several minutes, focusing on the road.

I don't get it. Cassandra claims to be some kind of genetically engineered killing machine. I think they messed up in her training somewhere. Should I let her know about what I think of her little boyfriend? I've seen it done before back at school, and that was a fast end to that friendship. Tom was right, of course, but it really didn't matter.

"Since the rest of the team is busy with their Legacy stuff, I was thinking of starting a kind of extracurricular club at the Institute. It's where you practice combat skills and teamwork in a more tangible environment than a classroom. Since you're supposed to be good with tactics and stuff, and since we're both going to have to work extra hard since we didn't make it the first time..."

OOC: I assumed that we made it back to the Institute without any assassination attempts, and that Cassandra would want to go visit Mark at the hospital. Is anyone else besides Ryan going to the Hospital?

Hammerhead said:
Ryan sighs as he drives the Jeep to Mudaba Adin Metro Hospital, glancing at Cassandra. "It's not just what you say, it's how you say it. I mean, doesn't 'I would gladly trust you with my life' sound kind of corny and lame to you? I don't know. I guess I would convey the same meaning by saying 'Let's go find the guy who did this to Mark and beat him down." Ryan sits quietly for several minutes, focusing on the road.

I don't get it. Cassandra claims to be some kind of genetically engineered killing machine. I think they messed up in her training somewhere. Should I let her know about what I think of her little boyfriend? I've seen it done before back at school, and that was a fast end to that friendship. Tom was right, of course, but it really didn't matter.

"Since the rest of the team is busy with their Legacy stuff, I was thinking of starting a kind of extracurricular club at the Institute. It's where you practice combat skills and teamwork in a more tangible environment than a classroom. Since you're supposed to be good with tactics and stuff, and since we're both going to have to work extra hard since we didn't make it the first time..."

OOC: I assumed that we made it back to the Institute without any assassination attempts, and that Cassandra would want to go visit Mark at the hospital. Is anyone else besides Ryan going to the Hospital?
Cassie looks at Ryan. "I ...well.. I haven't gotten the knack of lying or .. softening the blow yet. I speak my mind and try to be honest about what I think and feel ina situation. I don't know another way. It's who I am." smiles lightly. "A few peopel on campus like me that way.. " Watches the road quietly for a while. "It seems a better way to live than what I was intended for.. or the barely held fury you seem to carry off so often." Looks at Ryan. "So, why are you always so angry?"

(Cassie's going along as well)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads