Generation Legacy Issue #8 "Innocence Lost" - Part 2

Hammerhead

Explorer
My...my powers...Ryan thought anxiously as several feelings washed over him, relief and regret in equal measures. I don't think these things just go away though...someone has to be responsible for this, and he'll have to see me. This is probably a prelude to an attack...

Ryan looks around the disaster, searching for the man responsible. "This is Ryan. I might have a situation here..."

Karl Green

First Post
James [aka Traveller]

James continues t-port victims to evacuation and medical stations... search and teleporting into whatever situation there is... when he hears Anika, he is shocked but tries to hold back after her second comm. When he hears Ryan's last call, he will call up a map to that location and teleport there. After he recovers from the extended teleport he says "Ryan, what's going on... is there some bad-dudes around here also?"

Agamon

Adventurer
"Situation? What's going on, Ryan?" Valkyrie asks through the comm. She looks over to Bishop carring the injured man once more, her eyes narrowing. "Why are you even trying to help? I thought your cabal considers baselines a waste of skin. Maybe you better just hand him over to me, I can take him to the medics myself."

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
"Situation? What's going on, Ryan?" Valkyrie asks through the comm. She looks over to Bishop carring the injured man once more, her eyes narrowing. "Why are you even trying to help? I thought your cabal considers baselines a waste of skin. Maybe you better just hand him over to me, I can take him to the medics myself."

"I think you have us misunderstood, Pantheon..." he pauses, "it really does not matter the dream that ws Pantheon is a lie, what is important now, is trying to find a way to stop this from getting worse... because if Cardinal decides to act, none of us are leaving this island alive..."

Ryan & James

When James teleports in, he sees Ryan's glow dimming, till it finally just fades away. Ryan can feel it too, odd sensations coming back to him, as his lungs desperately draw for air... his body no longer tingling with the constant buzz of cosmic power... it's like someone just shut him off... at least that side of him...

Ryan is Baselined out, no super feats or powers for the moment...

Shalimar

First Post
Tommy smiles, "Yeah..."

"Uhh yeah," Tommy replies looking stunned.
Kelly looks happy that Tommy is going come home with her and visit her parents. She was sure they'd like him. "I'll get home first, and you can fix everything up that you have to at your factory, and then you can come and join me there, I hope you can be there for my birthday so you can come with us out to dinner, it'd mean a lot to me." she tells the other teen. "I'd get to take care of you till your better like you did for me." she says smiling at him.

Aenion

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Cassie

"I saw that on a vid." she says with a shy smile, then frowns as the radio crackles. "Of course they didn't call in for a check in right as the heroine knocked him out."

Karen smiles nervously at Cassies comment, "Come let's go before they get here," she looks around the corner ready to go on to the elevators.

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
"I think you have us misunderstood, Pantheon..." he pauses, "it really does not matter the dream that ws Pantheon is a lie, what is important now, is trying to find a way to stop this from getting worse... because if Cardinal decides to act, none of us are leaving this island alive..."

Valkyrie's eyes widen and she continues to lead Bishop to the base camp. "Vague, much? What's Cardinal going to do and how do we stop her?" Before he can answer, she turns on her comm once more. "Bishop confirms that this was Pantheon's doing, and that they're not done yet. Watch your backs, people."

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
Valkyrie's eyes widen and she continues to lead Bishop to the base camp. "Vague, much? What's Cardinal going to do and how do we stop her?" Before he can answer, she turns on her comm once more. "Bishop confirms that this was Pantheon's doing, and that they're not done yet. Watch your backs, people."

Bishop replies, “That is actually incorrect as she finishes, you don’t have to worry about Pantheon anymore, just what Cardinal decides to do. She is creating her own personal army of elites, if you don’t follow her you die. I suppose she had decided to call her children to service. As she puts it, I suppose I had to make a choice if I would be a wolf among the lambs, or a shepherd. I chose the latter, it may not erase any imagined sins you may think I have committed, but I at least have decided to save lives instead of take them.”

Bishop pauses, “This man won’t make it back to the sight alive, his breathing is shallow, and he feels quite cold…”

Karen and Cassie

The communicator buzzes again, “Sector 7, no response, send a team to check it out. He better not be sleeping again!”

Aris scowls, “This can’t be good.”

As Karen peaks around the corner, she sees the elevator, a clear circular tube, at the end of the hall.

Kelly

Tommy nods, “I won’t miss it Kelly, I promise. I am sorry everything happened, but I will make it all better. I… uhh… yeah, I love you too..” he says with a curious look.

“I have to go,” the line goes dead.

The Hive

Tommy breathes a sigh of relief.

Erika speaks just from his right, “How quaint, it seems your little trick failed to kill her. Now she knows way too much about our organization, dear brother.”

“Correction, your lack of vision of the future is somewhat disturbing, dear sister. Infallibility in your predictions makes your abilities less then reliable at this point in time. But you are right, I will have to handle this another way,” Tommy replies.

Mr. Smith nods, “What shall we do now, sir?”

Erika laughs, “Oh Tommy relax, it won’t happen again. Telling the future is not a perfect science. It is an art form, sometimes mistakes are made. But I did like that touch about you killing me, leaves less loose ends that way yes?”

“Yeah about that,” Tommy gestures and several hunter-killer STAR units leveled their weapons and fired on Erika in unison. The young girl screams, but it was cut brutally short as the last of them fires on her smoking corpse.

Tommy looks down to Erika, “Like you said, I don’t like loose ends. Your lack of reliability was a liability dear sister, rest in peace. Mr. Smith clean this up, I have to clean up some more loose ends and meet my girlfriend for her birthday.”

“So you are not going to kill her too then?” the thin man replies.

“No, not anymore, I think I really do love her or something. She may be useful, and if not she isn’t smart enough to be dangerous. Have my aerodyne prepped, I am heading to HQ and then from there to the United States. I trust you can handle things?”

“Of course sir,” Mr. Smith replies

"Indeed." Cassie says as she effortlessly lifts the man and makes for the door with rapid steps. "I don't think it would be prudent for him to be found easily either.. perhaps we can tie him with his clothes and leave him in the access space above the elevator?"

Shalimar

First Post
As the connection goes dead, Kelly smiles, she couldn't believe how well it was all going, her parents weren't angry or upset with her, Tommy really did love her, and he was gonna be with her again when she went home. I really can't believe that I thought so bad of Tommy, I mean, I need to be better, not everyone is gonna be like Neuro, I shouldn't just jump to conclusions. I should make it up to Tommy somehow...I wonder if he would like it if I... the girl thought mischeviously, blushing at the thought of what she was gonna do.

The popstar leaves the tent, and starts to look for Paragon to tell him that an aerodyne was gonna be coming to pick her up, and where she was going. When she finds him, she smiles at the British elite, giving him one of her most dazzaling smiles. "My Dad is sending one of the Mitchell Foundation's Aerodyne's here to pick me up, I don't know what the process is or whatever to get approval or anything. Can I help out Anika and Mark and everyone til then at least?"

Remove ads