Ginny Di on the OGL

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Yeah, that's the important part of this story.

A lot of us will be sad that our favorite brand just flipped us off. But what we should be focusing on is the careers and lives left in the lurch. I wish people would think about that before driving by to go 'lol, I don't care', or 'that's just business'.
As if the fact that casually destroying people’s livelihoods is “just business” isn’t exactly the problem

Arilyn

Hero
Ginny takes January off to prepare for the year but has been vocal on Twitter. She made this video because she felt she owed it to her followers to say something, but explains others have already said it better. She is definitely stressed, angry and worried.

Ginny has a huge following and has been an enthusiastic supporter of D&D. Not anymore. Good job, WotC.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Ginny takes January off to prepare for the year but has been vocal on Twitter. She made this video because she felt she owed it to her followers to say something, but explains others have already said it better. She is definitely stressed, angry and worried.

Ginny has a huge following and has been an enthusiastic supporter of D&D. Not anymore. Good job, WotC.
I made the comment above about how her video is light on her own personal opinion, but as far as influential D&D fans with large followings, it's miles above what CR put out. Hasbro clearly has no understanding about social media or the impact of influencers on the upcoming generation of gamers.

Yaarel

He Mage
Here are the recommendations by Ginny Di:

SherlockHulmesDM

SlyFlourish

LegalEagle

Kelly / DungeonsDudes

D&DShorts

Linda Codega (Gizmodo)

Arilyn

Hero
I made the comment above about how her video is light on her own personal opinion, but as far as influential D&D fans with large followings, it's miles above what CR put out. Hasbro clearly has no understanding about social media or the impact of influencers on the upcoming generation of gamers.
Yes. I don't think WotC predicted that Ginny would boycott them!

Vaalingrade

Legend
Yes. I don't think WotC predicted that Ginny would boycott them!
I honestly doubt they know who she is, which all things considered is their myopia toward anything or anyone that isn't also someone they'd consider a competitor.

They likely don't know Pointy Hat, Dingo Doodles, Mr Rhexx, XP to Level 3, Jo Cat, Dungeon Dad, Blaine Simple, Runesmith, or any of the other people they owe for the community being what it is, that aren't companies they feel they need to fight.

And that's frankly a huge mistake on an order I figure even most people here don't fully grok.

Edit: Apparently she did work for them, so apparently all the highers-up know her. Everyone can stop saying so now. Not the point.

Last edited:

Remove ads