log in or register to remove this ad

 

Greyhawk: The Golden Era CY 963: EPIC CAMPAIGN - Campaign Logs + RESTORED CAMPAIGN THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sphynx looks around at the work he's done so far and move away from the debris that he has been collecting. It looks as though he is starting a dance step then flicks his left hand throwing something to the floor. The object does not bounce; instead, a portal appears where it hit.

Shpynx -
"I will return. I have some supplies to gather. This portal is only usable by me, so there is no danger of it remaining open."

Sphynx returns, having been gone seemingly momentarily. The portal vanishes and he retrieves an object from the floor placing in a hidden pocket. He adds some more material to the gathering of supplies arrayed about the floor and sets back to work.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Prepping The Scroll...

GM:
3 days pass without incident. No wandering zombies, no demon recon squads, etc.
Sphynx finishes writing out the scroll, and then applies the paste.

2 hours drying time =

Murphy's Law Roll (Something bad on 1 on a 1d10):

1st hour: [5] Nothing happens.

2nd hour: [2] Nothing happens.

You're done. The scroll is ready. What now?
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sphynx announces to those in the room that all is ready. He opens the door to the room and whistles, also sending a mental pulse for Jynx and the others who are outside.

Sphynx -
"Once everyone has departed, I will read the scroll, using the delay I have included so that I, too, can depart before this plane is reset."
 

Nezkrul

First Post
Jynx offers to remain at Sphynx's side, in case the unthinkable should occur at the most inopportune moment.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Jynx offers to remain at Sphynx's side, in case the unthinkable should occur at the most inopportune moment.
Sphynx nods his head, requiring no time to consider.
Sphynx -
"That might not be a bad idea. I would hate to get interrupted. You are plenty quick and the delay should pose no effort to us at all in departing."
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
One Last Task...

Pondren mentions the following: "Those of us who aren't staying should return to Oerth. We can use Fandekar's mirror to open a portal to Oerth, specifically, to the cave entrance where the Arch of Ages resides. We can step through now, and await Jynx and Sphynx's arrival. We'll know when the spell is complete, because the portal will disappear. Resetting the plane will destroy any structures that were pre-existing, including Fandekar's tower, and all of its contents. But again, as I have stated before, we should probably make use of a Commune spell, to see if there are any non-zombified plane inhabitants who need rescuing, prior to casting the spell."

Without waiting for a response, Pondren sits down, closes his eyes, and begins to cast the Commune spell. He pulls some incense from his pocket, along with a small, 1" diameter metal disk. He places the disk on the floor, and then places the incense on top of it. He then lights the incense using a minor cantrip, which allows the tip of his finger to momentarily become the wick of a lit candle. Once the incense is burning well, he begins to chant a song to Rudd. Everyone here is familiar with the spell, and allows him to chant undisturbed for 10 minutes. When the chanting stops, everyone hears him ask:

1. Oh mighty goddess, are there any sentient creatures on this plane who have not been affected by the positive energy zombification?

As expected, no one but Pondren hears the answer. But his responses are encouraging.

2. Are there more than 10 of these survivors?

3. Are there two or more of these survivors?

4. Is the lone survivor within 5 miles of the tower?

5. Is the lone survivor within 10 miles of the tower?

Pondren, eyes still closes, says "Aha. I see."

6. Is the lone survivor in or near the Stone Giant village?

7. Is the lone survivor a human or demihuman?

8. Is the lone survivor a Stone Giant?

9. Is the lone survivor hurt, sick, injured, or malnourished?

10. Is the lone survivor in eminent danger of attack?

11. Is the lone survivor hiding in the Stone Giant castle?

12. Is the lone survivor hiding in one of the houses of the Stone Giant village?

13. Is the house in the Northern section of the village?

14. Is the house in the Southern section of the village?

15. Is the house in the Eastern section of the village?

16. Is the house one level tall?

17. Is the lone survivor hurt or injured?

18. Is the lone survivor sick?

19. Is the lone survivor on the verge of starvation?

...After these questions have been asked, Pondren ends the spell and opens his eyes. "There is a lone survivor, a Stone Giant nobleman, who is locked up inside his two-story house in the Eastern section of the village. He is uninjured, and apparently, he is not in eminent danger of attack from the other giant zombies. They are probably unaware of his presence. However, he is low on food, and suffering from extreme hunger & undernourishment. He's probably scared out his mind as well. We should help this poor soul, I believe we could do so easily."
 


MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
...After these questions have been asked, Pondren ends the spell and opens his eyes. "There is a lone survivor, a Stone Giant nobleman, who is locked up inside his two-story house in the Eastern section of the village. He is uninjured, and apparently, he is not in eminent danger of attack from the other giant zombies. They are probably unaware of his presence. However, he is low on food, and suffering from extreme hunger & undernourishment. He's probably scared out his mind as well. We should help this poor soul, I believe we could do so easily."
Sphynx -
I can port over and port back with him, but things are never that simple. I can transport a few of us over and see how it goes from there. I am finished with the reconfiguration of the original spell that created the plane, so I can begin to read the scroll at any time, when we are ready. What say you?
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Dengar Offers Aid

~ We need to gather our rosebuds...and that Stone Giant...before we depart ~

To Sphynx, "Good friend, I can port as well." Looking to the group, "We need to collect the stone giant, and we need to collect the valuables of this lab, by that I mean books and knowledge. This wayward wizard created a great many things over the years, and his stores of knowledge are certainly invaluable, save, perhaps this unhappy accident (motions about, meaning the world they currently inhabit). I believe we can effect his library and his unique laboratory odds and ends into a portable hole for movement out of here."

Dengar communes with Rudd as well, focusing on other questions, "Omnisicent Rudd, I am humbled to follow behind your servant Pondren. We share concern for the worthwhile and salvageable remnants of this plane. Please answer my questions as well and give your hand Dengar sufficient clairvoyance and clairaudience to see important missing pieces and unseen dangers."

Part I:
1) Are there more libraries such as this?
2) Are there locales on this plane with physical remnants that the universe couldn't suffer without?
3) Is there more in the tower that could be spirited away from here?
4) Are there remnants in the Stone Giant village that are important?
5) Will the trapped and hidden Stone Giant noble assist us in removing those treasures for him?
6) Is there danger lurking about that is not of this place?


OOC: will await answers and ask the remainder of the questions accordingly
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Answering Dengar's Questions

As you begin your Commune spell, a warm wave of peacefulness washes over you; it is the familiar presence in your mind of the voice of your goddess. While subordinate, lesser beings answer the questions of even high priests such as Pondren, it is Rudd herself who hears and answers your pleas.

[sblock=What Rudd Reveals To Dengar; Player Knowledge OK, Character Knowledge = Wait Until Dengar Relays The Info.]

Part I:

1) Are there more libraries such as this? No, my child.
2) Are there locales on this plane with physical remnants that the universe couldn't suffer without? No.
3) Is there more in the tower that could be spirited away from here? Yes.
4) Are there remnants in the Stone Giant village that are important? No.
5) Will the trapped and hidden Stone Giant noble assist us in removing those treasures for him? His mind is not right.
6) Is there danger lurking about that is not of this place? Always, My Child.


[/sblock]

GM:
I am now waiting for the rest of Dengar's questions...
 

Nezkrul

First Post
Jynx faces Dengar with a very puzzled look on his face, "Are you alright, Old man? You seem to have drifted into a coma in the middle of your spell."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Jynx faces Dengar with a very puzzled look on his face, "Are you alright, Old man? You seem to have drifted into a coma in the middle of your spell."

Sphynx walks over and looks at Dengar and waves his hand in front of his face.
I think he may have accidentally cast temporal stasis on himself.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
A Demon Lord's Ultimatum!

Dengar suddenly snaps out of his reverie. "My friends, something is wrong. I felt an outside force end my spell, with sudden and deliberate finality. Someone knows we are here, and isn't happy about it. I believe that we should make haste to rescue the remaining giant, reset the plane, and leave with extreme haste!"

Almost at the exact moment that the words leave Dengar's mouth, a demonic figure appears before you! The figure standing before you is darkly handsome, an ebon-skinned man standing nearly 9 feet tall. His slightly pointed ears, yellow fangs, and six-fingered hands mark him for the demon he is. In a quick-draw rig on his back, is a huge greatsword, i.e., a greatsword made for a nine foot tall being. The figure wears a headband-style crown, made entirely of ruby, which glows with an eerie light as small, bright white shapes dart around inside the crown. No doubt, these are the souls of his unfortunate enemies. Of the heroes gathered here, only Delbin and Sphynx's eyes twinkle with recognition. Both have faced him in combat before. Both are still here to tell the tale. The fact of which the figure seems to be keenly aware of.

However, everyone in the party can tell, quite readily, that the demonic figure isn't really here. This is a projected image, a personal message, meant only for yourselves. The figure smiles and bows, and begins to speak.

"My, my, my. So many of my enemies together in the same place! Jynx, Louis, Dengar... we've never met in person, but you've destroyed so many of my minions, and foiled so many of my well-laid plans, that you're almost like family to me. You know, those cousins that you love to hate, but only see once every 5 years at family reunions? As for you two," he says, indicating Delbin and Sphynx, "Being in your presence always thrills me. Delbin, I see you still have your little toy following you around. I must say, I'm not sure if you're extremely clever, or hopelessly insane, carrying around that god-killer, the way carpenters might carry their tools with them." The figure chuckles evilly. "If you ever lose it, I'd like to have a re-match. I think your little toy gives you an unfair advantage."

The last person that the figure addresses is Sphynx. "Ah, yes, my old friend from days long gone. I'd almost given you up for dead. But you're too clever for that, aren't you? You're like a bad copper penny, you always turn up somewhere. I heard that you once considered taking over a layer of the Nine Hells to call your own. I would really have loved to see that. But I guess the climate wasn't to your liking? Tell me, where are your friends? The big ox, and the know-it-all? Hmmm? I hope nothing has happened to them," he says, his words dripping with sarcasm. "But oh, it's only been about a hundred years since I last heard tell of them, so I guess that might a bit much to hope for. I guess that being a divine lackey keeps a person busy. But I do wish they'd at least send me a card."

The figure pauses a moment, as if considering something, then continues: "I guess I should get to the point, shouldn't I? None of you seemed pleased by my attempts at humor. I was wondering what was taking my minions so long to report. I guess you didn't play nicely with them, did you? My warning to you is this: I know that you are all powerful, and that you think that you can come and go as you wish, but I am here to tell you that your days are numbered! I am going to enjoy watching you squirm, as you find yourselves helpless to keep my prophecy from coming true. You will all be swimming in my crown by the time this is all over. This little demi-plane means nothing to me, but your knack for continually stumbling into my affairs has finally landed you in trouble that you can't get out of! I have powerful allies, and all of us are working to carefully craft the means of your doom. A few of my allies have a personal score of their own to settle with you, and so much the better. I took the destruction of my minions as a declaration of war; and I am here to tell you, that this is a war that you cannot win! Farewell, old chums, I hope that you die well!"

And with that, the figure vanishes, as quickly as he came!

Everyone: What do you do?
 

Nezkrul

First Post
Jynx states, plainly "That thing just monologued for so long, I nearly fell asleep. He's in love with himself and hearing himself. Disgusting. So, Sphynx, I suggest we do as Dengar says and get this going. How about you?" Jynx chuckles a bit, then gets a disappointed look on his face, as if he were excited at a possible challenge that simply ran away.
~basically just ignoring the fiend, since if it really meant anything it said, it wouldn't have told its whole plan to us, and it just would have attacked us. It had the advantage of surprise and chose to just talk, like it were afraid of us~
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sphynx -
For those of you who do not know him, that was an apparition of Graz'zt. He does indeed love to hear himself speak. He's more prone to posturing than even Asmodeus. All that hot air aside, let's get this going.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Pondren says, "Graz'zt, eh? Well then, we'd best be cautious. From what I've read of him, he's fond of misdirection. If he says he plans to kill us, then he might be after someone or something else entirely. Therefore, we need to keep an open mind as to what his true intentions are..."

Pondren thinks on this for a moment, and then continues: "The way I see it, there should be three groups. Group one, we already know: Sphynx and Jynx. Sphynx stays behind to re-cast the spell, and Jynx stays with him as a bodyguard. Group two is the rescue team. I shall volunteer to lead the rescue! Who's with me? Out of Luis, Delbin, and Dengar, I would think that I only need one of you. And then, whomever is not on one of the two action teams, should go ahead and portal back to the Prime Material plane; the less people we have to worry about evacuating from here, the easier it will be. I don't think that Sphynx should actually start on the spell until my team makes it back with the remaining Stone Giant villager. What say all of you?"
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Finalizing Plans

Pondren thinks on this for a moment, and then continues: "The way I see it, there should be three groups. Group one, we already know: Sphynx and Jynx. Sphynx stays behind to re-cast the spell, and Jynx stays with him as a bodyguard. Group two is the rescue team. I shall volunteer to lead the rescue! Who's with me? Out of Luis, Delbin, and Dengar, I would think that I only need one of you. And then, whomever is not on one of the two action teams, should go ahead and portal back to the Prime Material plane; the less people we have to worry about evacuating from here, the easier it will be. I don't think that Sphynx should actually start on the spell until my team makes it back with the remaining Stone Giant villager. What say all of you?"
Sphynx-
I am good with that. Let's get moving. I have everything ready to go. I simply need to begin reading.
 

Nezkrul

First Post
"If anything tries to stop Sphynx, without a good reason, they'll wish they stayed in bed this morning"
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Dengar: "I'm in. Let's go get the Stone Giant. Sphynx, we need to empty this tower when we finally leave. The lab, the library. All of it. Too much to carry. Can we fit it into a portable hole that won't collapse during inter-planar travel? And apologies for my fading. I don't know what came over me. Sometimes it seems as if I live multiple lives, some on this plane, and some on others. :heh:"

Praying quietly to Rudd: "Protection for us, oh Rudd, and foresight against this evil beings' schemes."


GM:
Once a portable hole is folded up, it's good to go. It's like a piece of cloth (e.g., a handkerchief) that you just stick in your belt pouch. You can then travel normally with it through portals or using teleport and/or plane shift spells, without interference. The only time it would be a problem is when you try to transport with it still partially open. That could get hairy really quickly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
A Plan of Action!

Pondren Luckbrother 001a.jpg
Pondren Luckbrother


Pondren says,
"Ok, so Sphynx and Jynx are the spell team. Myself and one other are the rescue team. Who shall be my ---Oh, Ok, Dengar, you and I together. Good! Luis and Delbin can gather whatever is useful from this lab, and then use the mirror next to me to quickly return to the Prime."

GM:
So that I'm not leading the party by the hand, I'm going to let you take the lead on this one, Dengar. Go ahead and state your intentions / cast your spells.
 
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top