Grufflehead's Wushu Take 1

Songdragon

Explorer
Kagan immediately notices the horses and growls at the unexpected distraction. He slices down with his blade at the nearest blue shirt, cutting the man the full length of his chest. (1) He gives a hand command the the and the grey colored wolf takes up a defensive posture keeping the half-orc's attacker's at bay. (2) Kagan goes down on one knee and touches the ground with one large hand and concentrates. He calls, "Spirits of earth, lend me your aid. Hear my call. Grow. Grow. Grow!"(3) All about the street the horses race down, the paving stones part in many places, as green leafy vines and brown roots of vegetation erupts forth and begins to entangle the beasts gone wild.(4)

[sblock=Combat]
The change in offensive (attack) and defensive (Defend) are fine by me. Much easier to see and tell which, is which.

Nature Magic seems the best trait here
Attack 1 (main) and 2 (secondary)
Defend 1

1d6=6, 1d6=4, 1d6=1, 1d6=3

Attack: Main 1 fail, Secondary 2 success
Defend: 1 success

I was not sure on how to to say which is going where, so I put which objective the dice were going for.[/sblock]

Kisuko

First Post
There stood a slender ontop of a wooden market stand, dressed in well fitted leather, exposing her slight curves and carefully crafted armor that displayed over her shoulders and delicate collar bone. The sunlight gleamed against her Onyx colored hair, Dark Lavender Irises peered from long lashes as she watched the battle take place. Her movements were graceful and fluent; with each move she became aware of her surroundings. Always keeping her guard up without showing alert emotions upon her delicate features.

Against her arched back was a long bow, its design was much different from a regular wooden bow. The body made out of red steel, it’s jagged petal like body formed into a unique style and its string crafted with sacred hair. She carried an overwhelming amount of Crimson arrows; that were just blessed moments ago, safely confined in a hard leather compartment that was also woven into her red and black battle suit.:: "Forgive me for being late!":: Her voice chimed of stoicness. Noticing the Half Orc, and Elf.

archer_girl_by_Masway-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

HajimeAkio

First Post
A man covered in dark onyx heay plate armor with a red velvet cloak that sat gently on top of his head covering his jet black long hair, sat on top of a stand outside on the main street of the town watch the whole event. He chuckled to himself watching a horse get ensnared by the roots that popped out of the ground in front of him. Combat screams and the clear sound of metal clashing inside the town walls was getting him a bit anxious. Hajime was always looking for a good fight. He jumps down from the stand and walks towards the square to where he hears the sounds of combat. His steady stride turned into a sprint, he laid both hands firm on his dual long swords, the sprinting man reached the town square. He spun; unsheathing both gun metal swords outan took a defensive stance next to a man which looked like a half-orc offering support. He gave a friendly smile and a quick nod to the half-orc. “Hello, find day for a battle no??”

OOC - you guys mind if I join :p

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
(( OOC: To Kisuko and HajimeAkio... perhaps going to the OOC (out of character) thread over here before posting. Do not get me wrong, I am sure you would be more than welcome as there are only 3 of us posting right now, it is just a good place to start. :) ))

TheGreatOne44

First Post
"Well hello there." Al purred, running a hand through his hair and prepping to introduce himself to the archer. He was always a fan a leather, truth be told. (1) The stampeding horses quickly reminded the would-be cassanova that there was still a battle going on. Can't the half-orc take care of this?

The answer, simply put, was no. A gelding rocketed down the alley at the rogue, just as he was prepping his best pick up line. Alistair was hard pressed to both woo and survive, and he was a practical man (2) With seconds to spare, he backflipped onto the back of the charging horse, rather than be trampled. "Shh, shh, hey now. Calm down." he leaned in, whispering. The horse had no part of that. Al did his best to hold on as it hustled down the alley. "I said STOP!" He pulled back on the gelding's reins, and it bucked up. Al pulled it around, and brought the kicking hooves down on a unsuspecting thug. (3) "There we go!"

Al steered the horse back through the crowd, trampling a thug here and there as he went. This was even better than the line he had! A bearded monster was sneaking up on his newest friend, and Al charged. His horse (which he'd already taken to calling Marvin) sped towards the archer. Al stood on Marvin's back, took a deep breath, and shouted, "WOAH!" Marvin stopped, Al was thrown towards the pair. His body collided with the back of the beardy fellow, and the pair of them wound up crashing into Kisuko. (4) Smoothest introduction he'd ever had? No. The worst? By far no.

[sblock] One Main Offense. One Secondary Offense. Two Defense. All under Acrobatics 4. 1,3,6,2. So no more Chi loss, right?[/sblock]

grufflehead

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Apologies for the temporary slowdown. Been out of town for a few days, and have to go away again for work over this weekend so won't be posting again til Sunday night at the earliest - just in case you thought I'd abandoned you already![/sblock]

Despite having to focus on two hazards, the heroes set about their task with renewed vigour. Kagan's call to the nature spirits helps to slow down some of the stampeding horses, helped by Al's acrobatic display. Blauvanian bodies litter the square, and the few left on their feet seem to sense their attack has been in vain.

[sblock=Combat stats]
Challenge type: Mook (Blauvanian attackers)
Goal: 10 4 3
Threat: 1
Tme Limit: N/A

Secondary Challenge: Mook (Stampede)
Goal: 6 3
Time Limit: 3 2

Scene Details Cap: 4
[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Flitting unnoticed above the market square, a solitary butterfly observed the scene. It darted in and out between the carts, finally coming to rest on an awning of a tinsman. Anyone who would bother to care in the ensuing chaos would note that the butterfly's wings bore an odd crimson mark. Anyone who, despite the frenzied combat, took a moment to study the insect would note that it seemed intensely interested, watching the scene unfold in a bloody mess.

Perhaps there was no such master of serenity today, but there was definitely no such master among the Blauvanians. The butterfly launched into the air, gliding towards one of the attackers (1). It landed on the fellow's neck ever so gently, and yet, the Blauvanian responded with a sudden surprised squeal of searing pain (2). His hand reached for the insect, instinctively, but realized that there was something much larger, and scaly underneath it. His companions watched in horror as the coils of a red-banded snake grew from the former butterfly's head to wrap and constrict the poor fellow (3). The Blauvanian's lips darkened in hue to match the colors of his country as he fell to the ground (4).

[sblock]
Using Shapeshifting, 3 defense, 1 offense: 1d6=1, 1d6=6, 1d6=4, 1d6=4
2 defense successes, 1 offense success.
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Kagan focuses his efforts on the animals running wild letting large wolf cover his back. The dark colored beast does so almost gleefully tearing at any blue shirt who does not manage to run before his snapping jaws. (1) The half-orc moves after the animals leaping over debris to gain ground on the equines. He does a a leap onto a large crate, plunges the large blade through the wood as he takes up his great bow and twin arrows all in what seems to be a blink of an eye. (2) Both arrows loose and split off with great speed towards the think poles that hold up a great canvas awning. Striking true there is a crack of wood as the poles are both split in half and the awning falls blocking a great part of the roadway in wish the stampede moves. (3) Kagan nods at the result of his efforts but has little time to react to a fleeing Blauvania making a last ditch attempt to down an unaware foe. He brings the bow up to block the blade meant to strike at him and snarls with effort as he deflects the attack wide. (4) He tosses the bow aside and wrenches his blade free of the crate and readies for whatever is to come.

[sblock=Combat]Switch Hitter Combat of 4
Attack 2 (secondary)
Defend 2
1d6=5, 1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=4

1 success in attack, and 2 success in defend[/sblock]

grufflehead

First Post
[sblock=Game Announcement]We never really seem to have got going with this game for some reason (maybe my fault, although the appearance of those 2 posters who then never responded to my invites to join seems to have broken the flow pretty badly) - at least I've got enough pbp experience now to know these things happen. As only 2 people posted in the last round I was holding off moving the round counter on to give others a chance to reply, but it is now a week since the last post so I suspect at this rate I'll have to admit defeat, and the good citizens of Rositania will have to rely on other means to thwart Baron Noir's nefarious plans.

I'll give it til the end of this combat and re-assess - I won't take it personally if there are not enough posts to make it worth continuing ;)[/sblock]

The last Blauvanians are being picked off by the heroes, with the assistance of one or two brave townspeople who have grabbed makeshift weapons with which to fight the invaders. Just as it is all looking like it will be all right, a couple of the horses break through the cordon despite Kagan's best efforts. As he watches aghast, they head for a small child who has somehow wandered away from her mother...

[sblock=Combat Stats]
Challenge type: Mook (Blauvanian attackers)
Goal: 10 4 3 2
Tme Limit: N/A

Secondary Challenge: Mook (Stampede)
Goal: 6 3 2
Time Limit: 3 2 1

Scene Details Cap: 4[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I've been meaning to do something about those horses, but I'm not sure if you can use multiple traits in one "action". Anyway:
[/sblock]

Striding through the marketplace, Callistro largely ignores the fighting, merely giving the occasional nod of approval as his fellow combatants down the Blauvanians in one way or another. His eyes narrow as he spots the breakway horses, glancing over to Kagan. Looks like the half-breed needs some help.

He sets off at a run, bounding up a progressively higher series of barrels (1), giving the height he needs to leap onto the back of one of the horses (2). Gripping with his knees, Callistro leans forwards and speaks firmly but soothingly into the horse's ear (3). It slows to a walk, its companion following the leader and doing likewise. The two horses stop inches away from the small child who looks up and points.

"Horsey!" it says. (4)

[sblock=OOC]
Okay, so wasn't sure about this as it sort of uses Athleticism and Horsemanship in the same turn. They're both at 4, though. All offence dice.

1d6=1, 1d6=6, 1d6=6, 1d6=3 Two successes.
[/sblock]

Remove ads