Grufflehead's Wushu Take 1

grufflehead

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Quite happy to run with that. I'll have to check up on exactly when you can call Coup de Grace but I think, by the letter of the law, it doesn't apply until after the threat has been completely resolved. In this case, Callistro doesn't resolve it until his last detail (as it was the final detail that got the success that reduced it 0) so I think you would describe your actions, roll, work out successes and reduce the threat accordingly THEN if you have resolved it, you get to call the CdG in which you get your moment in the spotlight to bask in the glory.

Dr Si's comment about having 2 possible Traits which were suitable is worth noting - hopefully this is letting people get a feel for their own Traits. Ideally you don't want to be calling on the same one every time which is the 'mistake' I made when I was playing - I had one Trait which was very easy to use to justify almost anything so I just kept using it. People should feel free to refine Traits as we go through the playtest (which was the main point of doing it) and if you think you've got some which are too narrowly defined, or have too much overlap, change them for something else. Bear in mind that even though these characters have more points than 'standard' you still won't be able to do everything - even with the Principle of Narrative Truth, you don't want to just breeze through everything, plus giving people who *do* have specialties a chance to shine is always encouraged.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
The half-orc nods in thanks Callistro for the help with the run away horses. He spots the nearest beast and swings himself up. The horse's front legs raise into the air and lets out a loud whiny. (1) He digs his heels into the horse's flanks and charges forward at the remaining Blauvanians his blade raised in the air, his other grasping the long mane for control. (2) A large loping wolf is at Kagan's side and the pair take on one of the remaining pair. The wolf leaps at the man's chest knocking him to the ground as the half-orc's blade slices through the air and sends the head of the other bounding to the ground, end over end. (3) Kagan then wheels about looking for others. He spots a desperate man who throws a long blade at him and Kagan bats it away and growls in defiance. (4)

[sblock=Combat]
Offense 3
Defence 1

1d6=4, 1d6=5, 1d6=5, 1d6=1

Offense: 1 success, 2 failures
Defense: 1 success[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The wayward sword tossed aside by Kagan is snatched out of the air before it hits the ground. The hand grasping the hilt is scaly, like that of a lizard, but only for a moment. A figure rises from the place where the Blauvanian was crushed to death by a snake.

For a split-second, the odd man flicks a forked tongue out, but his face, body, and hand meld into normal human flesh. A crimson, triangular glyph is emblazoned on his forehead.

"You are the Rositanians, yes?" the figure speaks. "Then you are the ones I wish to join!"

grufflehead

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Still 1 point left in the main threat. Anyone who hasn't posted in this round want to step in and (hopefully) resolve it?[/sblock]

Remove ads