D&D Movie/TV Guess the D&D Movie Opening Weekend Box Office Performance, and Win a Prize!

Dausuul

Legend
I'm going to go with: $59,597,987.99

(Source: Take the opening weekend of "Guardians of the Galaxy" per BoxOfficeMojo, chop it in half because it's not in the MCU, then adjust for inflation since 2014.)

Zardnaar

Legend
My idea was to take the box office opening weekend for Willow, and then adjusted it for movie attendance and inflation since the 1980s. Not sure if it was the right way to do it, but it was fun. :)

My theory is any fantasy film not filmed in New Zealand will flop.

This theory is backed by absolutely nothing at all and may be flawed. It's probably better than my food theory.

Zardnaar

Legend
Harry Potter says nice theory, but he's zapped it into ash already...

Yeah I kinda remembered that typing it. But I have the la la ka option as well;). Ima vad kiwi though I liked the LotR movies but didn't think they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. That's like treason here or something. I also don't like rugby. Harry Potter didn't d much for me either watched 1-2 movies read 0 books

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
My theory is any fantasy film not filmed in New Zealand will flop.

This theory is backed by absolutely nothing at all and may be flawed. It's probably better than my food theory.
Hey now, be fair: The Dark Crystal did reasonably well, and so did Willow, Labyrinth, Legend, and Conan. They weren't Oscar-sweeping blockbusters (and weren't trying to be), but they certainly weren't flops.

Remove ads