D&D Movie/TV Guess the D&D Movie Opening Weekend Box Office Performance, and Win a Prize!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
D'oh I should have been playing attention more, I thought it was total box office. Is it too late to change my guess to $200,000,000?
With the budget of the movie at $151,000,000 can I change my to $169,000,000 (nice)?
Sorry, I can't allow people to change their guesses. (I want to change my own guess now that I've seen what others have come up with!)
Alas, your first vote must stand.

Zardnaar

Legend
Nope, $151M is the production budget (which is on the low end of a typical Marvel film, but 50% higher than Sonic 2 or Bumblebee), probably another $80-100M on marketing so the break even is closer to $500M.

However, anything over $300M will likely be enough to keep the franchise (both film and TV) going, as part of both the production and marketing budget for this film is likely considered part of the effort to launch the franchise.

And of course they'll be looking at if the film generates a bump in sales on the game and toys as well, also offsetting any (potential) losses from the film itself. It wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro is footing a large part of the marketing budget for the film (like the Super Bowl ad).

I'll see what turns up in total cost vs box office but either way looks like break even point is several hundred million dollars.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Heh you're brave with that number.

Wanna make a bet in ceramic pieces whose guess is blower to the mark? Iirc mine was 34 million.
If you're closer, the first game you play in that I run I'll let you start with a +1 weapon, wand, or rod for free.

And vice-versa?

Zardnaar

Legend
If you're closer, the first game you play in that I run I'll let you start with a +1 weapon, wand, or rod for free.

And vice-versa?

Sure why not. You'll have to teach me how to use the software lol.

My online gaming is Stellaris. My pacifist megacoep will impose peace via war!!!

Running Star Wars D6 ATM offline.

Remove ads