Guessing - Most and least played classes

They really need to rename Cleric to Healer so more people play them again.

My experience from 5 years of DMing (yeah I know it's not a lot compared to you guys) is that Fighter is by far the most popular class. Like almost every third plays a fighter.

For some reasons, I never encountered a single person wanting to play Barbarian, Sorcerer or Ranger yet.

I'm actually a little surprised that Fighters/Barbarian/Rogues are so high up in the statistics, because I feel like playing a spellcaster is much more interesting.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I never understood the pooh-poohing rangers and fighters received on these boards. People in the AL games and home games in which I've played have had no problem with either.

I am a little surprised at the Thief's lack of popularity. It's one of my personal favorites, but I've never seen anyone else interested in playing one.

Last edited:

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
That being said it is a year old. And that is a character creation tool only right? So is it possible that a few people are making a bunch of characters in various ways to see how they will work? I don't know much about D&D Beyond.

While DnD Beyond includes a great character creation and tracking tool, that's not all it does. The online sheets are designed to be used at the table. There are spell, monster, and time listings that are filter able. There is a very basic campaign creation tool that lets you add players to a campaign, gives DMs access to character sheets, and some space for notes. There is the full text of all the published books (if you purchase them there) with extensive linking. And there are homebrew tools for character options, monsters, spells, magic items, etc..

All that's too say that while some (many?) users may use it in part for theory crafting, most users use it extensively while playing, either as DMs or Players. So there's probably a mix of characters in the data. My account has a slew of PCs intended as pregen for a drop-in game I run; most of them will probably never be used. But some of them are in actual use.

Oofta

Legend
Q. Hey, Lowkey, what are you insulting today?

A. Dunno. Whaddya got?

Hey, buddy. Psst. Just for you I got some anime tabaxi mash-up. What's it worth to ya? Perfect for that 30 year old that still lives with the parents, ya know what I mean?

e35327d5c38d1b946a118de26c6bfeb15ba9f7bd_hq.jpg

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Druids, Bards and Barbarians are the most popular in my groups

Every other class has been played bar one

Believe it or not, the Wizard is the least popular. Never been played.

Remove ads