• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen (full)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Yeah, she's going to have to move to the center. You (probably) can't even assume bear form where you are right now since you don't have the space for it (DM's call). Even if allowed, you'd be considered squeezing and any square you move through while squeezing costs double, IIRC.

But you would have space in the center aisle.
In case it becomes important, the alter (grey) is effectively immobile, but the benches/pews (brown) can be moved. If Jeni became Jeni_bear the bench would probably get pushed out of the way, or serve as difficult terrain or something.

Spartain104

First Post
So Venn does have hold person. Which I was planning on using should he decide to run, although the range is less desirable than planned. I do however have Crown of madness which could seriously disrupt them back there. Other than that I have hellish rebuke (which only fires as a counter but does massive damage) and Witchbolt (which would surely kill him). I was hoping to intimidate some of the kobolds into fleeing but my plan failed. Otherwise Venn will probably continue to blast things with his rays of death.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thinking ahead, we need to figure out how to lock down the Dragonclaw. He seems totally fine with running away if the fight starts looking poor for him. As far as I can tell, the only one with spells left is Venn. Is that correct? He does have Hold Person, which could help. Our options are somewhat complicated in that we can only knock him out with melee attacks, at least per RAW, so we have to cut a line through the enemies relatively quickly.

If Jeni_bear can stay in bear form, she could tackle him!

Forged Fury

First Post
Hmm... well, if we could clear out any medium-sized creatures in her path, Jeni could move through the kobold's spaces if she wanted to do so. They'd count as difficult terrain, but since she's two size categories larger than them, they wouldn't otherwise impede her. Granted, she'd take a ton of OAs (with Advantage) so that's probably not the best idea in the world.

kuey1975

First Post
If Venn takes out that lone kobold inside the temple Jeni could still transform if the cultists don't move in. Possible since Hunter has moved up.

ETA: Oops, just realised Jeni's post is already up.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
I had really considered doing a somewhat suicidal charge to the Dragonclaw and then Action Surging, but didn't know how well I would deal with the OAs. It would have been fun though... If Carad happens to kill the guy next to me since he goes before I do, my attack will be against the kobold on the left side of the door. Also, how is Hunter doing on HP? I think Rally is a bonus action, so I could heal him if he needs it this turn.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I've hit him for 11/26 HP this battle. (I don't know if he was injured/healed before.) but only 4 points of that is since he started raging. Still, say concentrated fire from 10 kobolds with slings and advantage could hurt. Rally is a bonus action, go ahead and edit the post if you want to use it, I'll recheck over everything when I update the next map.

Forged Fury

First Post
Can't edit in a roll, so here's the Rally: [roll0] I think it adds my CHA mod (+3) but can't remember if there are any other modifiers.

F(*& you, dice roller. 4 THPs I'm done editing. My attack is either against the Cultist next to me if Carad hasn't otherwise killed him or against the kobold on the left side of the door.

Last edited:

Remove ads