• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen (full)

hafrogman

Adventurer
9/10 for me. Tricksy resistances!
I think it's supposed to be a FAQ disguised as clickbait?
Like here are answers to questions people don't ask, but frequently get wrong or something similar.

Forged Fury

First Post
SageAdvice.eu pulled all of the twitter responses from Mearls and Crawford and turned it into a searchable database. They have apparently now turned it into a quiz as well (probably to further monetize their website).

Forged Fury

First Post
If everyone in the church is mobile:

1) We send them to the treeline now before that patrol gets back.
2) Create a silent image of really thick smoke at the back door that Carad can maintain from a position of really good cover inside the church. While the patrol is circling the back, we open the doors and attack the front.
3) Kill/capture them, then run south once the patrol makes its way to the west side of the building.
4) By the time they make their way back round to the front and see all the dead people, we'll be in the treeline with the refugees.

Forged Fury

First Post
OK, based on the IC, I think we're unlikely to be able to get the group out of the church before the patrol clears the other side of the building and smashes into the refugee line, particularly considering some are wounded.

We probably need to keep the civilians inside for now and try to take the front attackers while the patrol circles around. If we can get the silent image up of the smoke, the patrol will hopefully figure everything is normal as they clear the back and keep going around, giving us time to eliminate the front group.

kuey1975

First Post
My worry about the plan is that if the roving party sees through Carad's illusion, or if they hear the sounds of battle, or if the northern party sends word to them, they would attack through the south door. Then our party and the refugees would be trapped. We would have to try to hold the south door close while fighting the north group. Granted, the refugees managed to hold off the original southern group for a while, so it might be possible, but would definitely be a risk.

The roving team would take another 1 minute in the north and 2 minutes to the east of the church. With 3 minutes, I think we can get the refugees to the treeline and into the creek. One minute of fast travel is 400 ft, and the creek is only about 100 ft away, even if considered difficult terrain. So one way is that one member of the party (or Scree) lead the refugees to flee through the south into the river creek now. Then about 2.5 minutes later (i.e. while the roving team is most of the way down the eastern side), our party attacks the northern group through the door. If the roving group hears the battle or they get summoned, it would still take them some time to join the ramming group, hopefully giving us enough time to wipe them out first before the roving group comes into the picture. If they don't realise, then Carad can throw up the smoke illusion, buying us even more time. I'm also considering that the door might come down anytime so we should try to get the refugees out as quickly as possible.

Steve Gorak, Carad is down to 17 from 24 hp. I think Morgan is down by 3 hp? Perhaps she can cast one or two Goodberries and pass it around before she changes. One Goodberry would take care of Carad and Morgan. Another might be useful for although they aren't much help in the middle of the combat (since each takes 1 action to eat), but between combat Jeni won't need to change back first, and waste her shapechanging.

Forged Fury

First Post
By my reading of the situation, it's going to take 3 minutes just to get these people organized and convinced to move. Let's have Jeni talk to the cleric in charge and see what he says.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads