• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I know celcius is some weirdo foreign version of Fahrenheit. I also know Celcius can't count as high so the numbers are lower. 100F is too hot I don't want to think of 100C. That's melt your face edge of the sun hot.
100°C is water boiling. Perfect for relaxation.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I got a later start at work because I was too busy talking to the cute girl. I didn't want to stop just to start working. She's cute and a bit of a geek. She knows Doctor Who and knows to say The Doctor instead of Doctor Who when talking about the character. I think I'm in love. 😍 She's the one that told me of Midnight Burger and Old Gods of Appalachia.

Ulfgeir

Hero
That’s a sad sauna :(
Indeed, but beggars can't be choosers as the saying goes. It served it's purpose though. Unfortunately I noticed that my tolerance for heat has gone down from not using a sauna/bastu for like 2 years...

And for those wondering, "Bastu" is the Swedish word for it and "Sauna" is the Finnish word. I would say main difference though is that Bastu tends to normally be just dry heat, and you sometimes have hot stones in it that you can pour water on to get steam, whereas the wet type is more common in Finland. Would you agree @Blackrat?

Blackrat

Indeed, but beggars can't be choosers as the saying goes. It served it's purpose though. Unfortunately I noticed that my tolerance for heat has gone down from not using a sauna/bastu for like 2 years...

And for those wondering, "Bastu" is the Swedish word for it and "Sauna" is the Finnish word. I would say main difference though is that Bastu tends to normally be just dry heat, and you sometimes have hot stones in it that you can pour water on to get steam, whereas the wet type is more common in Finland. Would you agree @Blackrat?
Bastu also tends to be irritatingly low temperature, at least by my very limited experience and memory… It’s been 30 years since I last visited sweden and a bastu 😂

Then there’s also the Turkish Steam Room… It’s wet, irritatingly low temperature, with zero visibility due to all-invasive steam…

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I bet you’re from one of the hot states. When your country is frozen over for half the year, and freezing rain for a quarter, sauna starts to sound comfortable 😂
I’m from Louisiana, and have lived in Texas for most of my life. 😁 However, as an army brat, the REST of my life was spent in Washington, Colorado, Kansas, and Germany.

As such, I’ve had the experience of 30+ days of 100degF and nearly dying of heat stroke.

And I lived through a once per century cold snap where a tongue of arctic air made it into Kansas. It was so cold that the winterized gear in CANADA was failing. Where we were, it hit -53degF, and I almost died of frostbite walking home from the school bus stop.

Give me the cold any day.

Blackrat

I do actually agree in regards to weather. I actually dislike the summer months when it’s hot. Cold is better for weather, one can actually enjoy the hot of sauna!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads