Hasbro Double Downgraded by Bank of America.

This isn’t a surprise. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a company like wizkids/pathfinder etc join the mix. Printing costs alone are at their highest

You have oversaturated the market with product in a bad economy. Then due to costs you had to raise prices. Then you had to remain competitive for hiring.. on top of that due to shipping your product arrives all at once. Plus you have kids who are just not interested in board games
How do you remain profitable when every aspect as increased these past 2 years.

Banks want to see trending upwards.

Art Waring

halozix.com
On a more positive note, here is a video for how to support your local LGS.

If you own a LGS and you have excess sealed mtg inventory that you can't sell, perhaps consider doing some randomized drafts for $10.

Support your LGS before buying from amazon, even doing trades instead of purchases with the shop can help your LGS stay open.

Scribe

Legend
OK, I think this is last one for me probably, unless Rudy makes another funny one.

1. I am against proxy cards. Want to play them, buy them.
2. I am generally pretty hard on the "IP holder" side of disagreements between companies and people making profit off of the IP by 3rd party means.
3. I did not research this myself, that said. Card Conjurer - Welcome
4. It is way too funny, that Wizards would want to get in on printing their own proxies, and now seemingly go after people who provide a service already doing that.

GreyLord

Legend
You know, all my stocks have hurt this year...a LOT. I've lost a LOT of money this year so far...luckily I'm a long run guy rather than short term...so I don't (edit: sell instead of sale) often.

Hasbro...oh Hasbro...we'll see where it goes.

I don't think it's hit the low of 2020 yet though...so that's good.

Always try to see the positive...

However, if this keeps up with the stock market in general (though tech stocks I think are starting to rebound...maybe?) I may have to stop being retired for the most part.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
I will say, if one has been looking for a deal on some specific cards, everything I've looked at is close to its lowest price.

Reserve list went down off their website. People panic selling I guess.

Fear is wotc reprints power 9+ reserve list cards.

Staffan

Legend
Reserve list went down off their website. People panic selling I guess.

Fear is wotc reprints power 9+ reserve list cards.
1669105076983.png

They just did an insane Amazon dump, like prices below what not just LGS get products for, but below what distributors get it for.

They just screwed the entire MtG ecosystem. Folks are flipping out.

I think this could lead to somekind of class action lawsuit.

Anyways below is Rudy's thoughts.

Remove ads