Have you pre-ordered?

Have you pre-ordered the 4th edition books?

• Yes, all of them.

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • Yes, some of them.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • I'm planning on pre-ordering them. I just haven't yet

Votes: 19 8.7%
  • No. I'll buy them when they are released

Votes: 32 14.6%
  • I haven't decided whether I'll buy them or not.

Votes: 92 42.0%

X

xnosipjpqmhd

Voted "haven't decided" but the real answer is, I'll wait a few years 'til they hit the discount bin.

HandofMystra

First Post
I will buy them when they come out, because I play RPGA. The only book I ever pre-ordered was Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk. I bought that because Erik Mona said that WotC was watching sales to determine how popular Greyhawk. This was in the vain hope that demonstrating interest in Greyhawk might lead to more Greyhawk material being released. Not surprisingly I feel rather burned on that deal ... :mad:

smootrk

First Post
I will be buying the PHB only when discounted 'used' copies appear, and even then I will wait until the discounts get to reasonable levels.

Yes, I am one of those who is generally against the new edition (but without malice), and I will only be acquiring the PHB to facilitate finding a game when alternatives do not exist otherwise (as in games using other/older editions or other types of games - ultimately preferring Star Frontiers or Basic Fantasy).

frankthedm

First Post
Pre ordered. Might not play 4E, but to me, the math and rules of 3.5 are better suited for internet discussions and other trivial pursuits, rather than at table game play.

Wombat

First Post
Given where my gaming group is at (currently running Changeling), 4e is not a high priority at all.

One of us may get it; then again, we may skip this edition entirely.

Rykion

Explorer
I voted "No. I'll buy them when they are released," but I'll probably ask my FLGS to hold a copy for me about 2 weeks before release.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Yes, I've pre-ordered them from my Friendly But Not So Local Game Store. He's gonna be taking a hit once my purchase of 3e stuff winds down, as I don't intend to go as heavily into 4e as I did 3e, but I want to read the 4e core rules.

/M

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Reveille said:
I've got the core gift set on pre-order, but if my dad's Mariott card can't be switched over to my mom, I'll have to cancel it.
I'm still deciding between the gift set and the special editions. As such, I'll probably hold off until they come out.

Remove ads