• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Healing Surges and Final Encounters

Pinwiz11

First Post
I'm in the process of mentally designing a first adventure of a campaign in my head. It ends in a dungeon crawl to rescue what the PCs think is an artifact that is the symbol of their hometown. What the artifact really is would be defined later in the Campaign.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to plan out the pace of the final dungeon. It's not the type of situation where the PCs can take an extended rest in or around the dungeon, since the thieves will be leaving the following day and would notice a party camping out in room #2. I realized that it would be easier to have optional rooms that I could remove to ensure that the party reaches the final encounter at the proper time.

How many healing surges should the party/tank have remaining to fight a hard "boss" encounter? I know there's not a magic number, but I'm looking for recommendations.

Wik

First Post
For the last fight? Probably two or three. They'll use one for their second wind, and the other two will be given them by the cleric or warlord.

Oompa

First Post
Just look how it go's, if you notice they wont make the last fight alive because of no surges left, fudge some rolls..

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads