Help me, EN World Star Wars geeks. You're my only hope.

(I'm putting this here as this seems to be where general pleas for help go. I didn't want to put it in the Movies and TV forum because it's not about a movie - yet. That said: Mods, feel free to move this if I'm in error.)

My friend and I are in pre-production process of making a Star Wars fan film comedy for our respective websites. I make the words, he figures out how to make TIE fighters fly around, and I'm always amazed by how much just the two of us can accomplish. But now, well, we're up against a wall. Basically, we need a Darth Vader.

We're looking for one of two things: either someone who can furnish a good quality Darth Vader costume (waist up is probably all we need) for one of our minions to wear, or someone who owns one and wants to be the David Prowse in this particular film, acting onscreen in it.

If you have a costume and you live in the Bay Area and are willing to part with it for a little while, we can work out the specifics of how to get it to us. You'll get a nice credit in the film for your trouble and the knowledge that you helped some dorks with a camera and a dream. If you live outside the Bay Area and need to ship it, let me know so I can find out about ground shipping.

If you have a costume and actually want to be the person inside it for the (probably day-long) shoot and you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, we'll give you the above-mentioned credit and buy you lunch too.

Regardless of which way the suit is used, we want to pull this off within the next month or so, so time is of the essence.

We're very serious about this endeavor and we really want to make this happen in as cool a way as possible. If anyone out there can help us, either PM me or email me at max AT wickedmachine DOT com.

Thanks to all, and may the force be something something.

Well, if you weren't on the other side of the country, I could help you out.

A suggestion, try tracking down your local 501st Garrison. There's got to be one around there, and I bet they might have a Vader than can suit your needs. [/bad pun]

Darth K'Trava

First Post
I agree. The 501st is your best bet for a Vader. And for stormtroopers and other Imperial officers and Jedi and other characters/aliens for your needs... They have the best costuming of any SW fan group out there; in fact, they *require* professional-level costuming to join (from what I've heard).

Ranger REG

Explorer
Oh, great. Now we'll have to install metal detectors at theaters' entrances.

Though it would make a terrific frontpage photo of a guard patting down a Darth Vader. :p

After all, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Remove ads