Help me pick my feat?

MithrasRahl

First Post
I just hit 9th level on my dedicated archer. So far, from feats and classes, I have Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus: Longbow, Endurance, Far Shot, Quick Draw, and Distracting Shot. My next levels will be Ranger, Fighter, Fighter, so that I get Manyshot next level, and can take Improved Rapid Shot and Weapon Spec: Longbow at level 12.

What should I take as my 9th level feat?

MithrasRahl

First Post
Yeah, I guess build would help :p

So far it's Ranger 5/Fighter2/Deepwood2. Next level I'm taking another ranger level, so I'll be getting Manyshot then as the improved combat style.

EDIT: Ranged Combat Mastery: does it stack with Weapon Focus and Weapon Spec?

So If I take RMC, which has a pre-req of those 2, I'd get +3 to hit and +4 to damage? or just +2 to hit and +2 to damage?

Last edited:

Archimedes314

First Post
MithrasRahl said:
Yeah, I guess build would help :p

So far it's Ranger 5/Fighter2/Deepwood2. Next level I'm taking another ranger level, so I'll be getting Manyshot then as the improved combat style.

EDIT: Ranged Combat Mastery: does it stack with Weapon Focus and Weapon Spec?

So If I take RMC, which has a pre-req of those 2, I'd get +3 to hit and +4 to damage? or just +2 to hit and +2 to damage?

It stacks. Since you already meet the pre-reqs (except for the craft (bowmaking) ranks) you should pick up a few levels of Peerless Archer if you can. At third level you can power attack with your bow, and at eighth you threaten everything within 10 ft. as if you were wielding a melee weapon.

MithrasRahl

First Post
Yeah, I built it towards taking Peerless, but I plan on taking those 3 levels at 13, 14, and 15.

For now I can't take RCM because I need to wait til level 12 for Weapon Spec, and I can't take Greater Manyshot because I get Manyshot for free at next level, which is a prereq.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Is there anywhere that is specifically says that RCM stacks with Weapon Focus and Weapon Spec? My DM is unconvinced.

Last edited:

werk

First Post
Everytime I ask the same question, people tell me to take Improved Initiative.

So, Improved Initiative! :D

Legildur

First Post
MithrasRahl said:
EDIT: Is there anywhere that is specifically says that RCM stacks with Weapon Focus and Weapon Spec? My DM is unconvinced.
Have a scan of the FAQ and see what is in there. Or maybe the errata for PHBII (if such errata exists).

Remove ads