Help with a dual caster progression

Votan

Explorer
Cameron said:
If you want the best of both worlds, try the following:

XYZ 6/Rainbow Servant 10

where XYZ is one of the following: Beguiler, Warmage, Dread Necromancer

At level 16, you get everything from both lists, and you have full casting to boot. Sacred Exorcist would even net you Turn Undead (if you are good aligned) or Dread Necromancer would give you Rebuke Undead, which can be used to power DM: Persistent. Either of the above is Cha based, so it synergises with Turn/Rebuke Undead.

Yes, errata clarifies that text overrules the tables making this a very attactive combination once you make it there. :)

Cameron

First Post
Darklone said:
Hmm, sorcerer Rainbow Dude ... all spells known ;)?

I know, I know...
No. Sorcerer is different as they don't automatically get all spells known from their list. Only the above three classes get all spells known, which is what that really triggers the capstone (and extra domains) ability of RS.

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Wow that really is better especially since the ruling of text trumps table. Hmm..that makes my choices harder.

Warmage 10/Rainbow Servant 10

Beguiler 10/Rainbow Servant 10

Archivist 11/Loremaster 9

Cleric (travel) 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 1/Arcane Heirophant 10/MT 3

This has been really helpful! :)

If anyone has ideas of which one I should play please feel free to say it. If there any feats that your caster has to take, feel free to leave those too. I read and appreciate everyones input.

Last edited:

Votan

Explorer
Amazing Triangle said:
Wow that really is better especially since the ruling of text trumps table. Hmm..that makes my choices harder.

Warmage 10/Rainbow Servant 10

Beguiler 10/Rainbow Servant 10

Archivist 11/Loremaster 9

Cleric (travel) 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 1/Arcane Heirophant 10/MT 3

This has been really helpful! :)

If anyone has ideas of which one I should play please feel free to say it. If there any feats that your caster has to take, feel free to leave those too. I read and appreciate everyones input.

Beguiler 10/Rainbow Servant 10 --> the amazing skill points of this combination are pretty nice and intelligence is a better casting attribute than charmisma in my experience.

Cameron

First Post
Votan said:
Beguiler 10/Rainbow Servant 10 --> the amazing skill points of this combination are pretty nice and intelligence is a better casting attribute than charmisma in my experience.
No. Well... yes.

But I prefer Warmage 6/Rainbow Servant 10/Sacred Exorcist 4. It opens up the Divine Metamagic: Persistent tree and Cha as the casting stat plays directly into it in a pretty sweet synergy.

Alternatively, Dread Necro 6/Rainbow Servant 10/Fiendblooded 4 is also good, but Dread Necro duplicates a lot of the Cleric spells.

Lastly, there is always Cleric 1/Warmage 4/Dweomerkeeper 2/Rainbow Servant 10/Dweomerkeeper 3. You lose a caster level, but you get a ton of other goodies to compensate, the least of which is supernatural spells. Take Extra Spell to get Wish and go to town. With the Magic and Spell domains, you practically get Dweomerkeeper for free anyways.

By the way, nothing spells "tank" like Righteous Might, Divine Power and Bite of the Werebear in one shiny persisted package... :D

rgard

Adventurer
Amazing Triangle said:
With this I take the variant wizard then take the familiar feat and gain all the benefits of having them both through the Arcane Heirophant, all with out a druid, but with his spells!

Sounds good, but maybe I misunderstand you...you still take 3 levels of druid prior to Arcane Heirophant, right?

Amazing Triangle

First Post
rgard said:
Sounds good, but maybe I misunderstand you...you still take 3 levels of druid prior to Arcane Heirophant, right?

Nope with Wild Runner you get trackless step. It would be a strange build.

Beguiler is new to me but it seems very neat flavor wise.

Thank you so much!

I have narrowed it down:
Archivist 10/Loremaster 10 ~The studious sage that looks for all ancient texts that he can get his hands on to enhance his life and to help others.

Beguiler 10/Rainbow Servant 10 ~ The peacemaker who through contact with couatls has learned new methods to make people hear his words.

Remove ads