• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with minions for planar binding spells!

Cut Lulu

First Post
If you have Savage Species you could use an less advanced (8th level out of 20) Astral Deva or a 12th level Djinni (still gets Wirlwind) among many good or neutral outsiders.

Olive

Explorer
Cut Lulu said:
If you have Savage Species you could use an less advanced (8th level out of 20) Astral Deva or a 12th level Djinni (still gets Wirlwind) among many good or neutral outsiders.

I've been meaning to respond to this for weeks and not got round to it!

I'm reluctant to use the SS levels. APrtly becuase they're based on 3.0 mosters (soem of which have changed), but also because while I think it's an interesting solution to the mechanics of monster characters, I don't really want to use it much beyond that.

tleilaxu

First Post
Kzzrik: LN Earth Elemental

An earth elemental of the of the Grond clan. Its body is mainly granite with absolutely no vegetation of soil and a scattering of precious gems. There is no head, but in the centre of its chest is a gem that changes color. The reason for the color change doesn't corrospond to anything intelligable by humanoids. This is Kzzrik's eye and grants him low-light, infra, dark, x-ray and uber vision in addition to seeing invisibility, ethereal, in extreme and blinding light and granting a bonus for Kzzrik to disbelieve illusions.

It is typically summoned for building purposes guard duty, or anything that requires repetitive behavior and inexhaustible patience. It can also be used as an emissary to more powerful members of the Grond clan of elementals (all the way from tiny elementals to the epic elemental lord at the top) It has no conception of humor.

Payment must be in the form of precious gems, which Kzzrik absorbs into his body. Kzzrik only speaks terran, and the summoning ritual is scribed in terran.

Terenon

First Post
Odd Planar Personalities

How about a rogue elemental familiar. The intelligence is boosted, but thier HD is still low. A nice history could be developed for such a named outsider. It could have quite a bit of information, and knowlege about subjects of the arcane.

I don't know...just thinking aloud.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Lydia, Half-Celestial Nymph -- Daughter of Lightning (one of Zeus' many, many half-Nymph children)

Look up Giant Eagle -- only 4 HD, and Int 10! There's your new ride. :) Sciphio, Celestial Half-Dragon (Gold) Giant Eagle Barb2 -- Golden Chariot of Holy Rage.

Then there are the flying guardians of night, like Phallumbra, Celestial Shadow-Creature Giant Owl Rog2 -- Silent Justice.

-- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Fiendish Pseudonatural Cloaker -- I'd say Fiendish Shadow-Creature Cloaker, but me saying "Shadow-Creature" is getting cliche. Cloakers are nearly pseudonatural as it is... those are some very odd critters.

-- N

Remove ads