• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Here's The New 2024 Player's Handbook Wizard Art

WotC says art is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJStLauacAIRfOl.jpeg

Oofta

Legend
Wrong quote?

Who said anything about it being a "disease to be cured"? I said it is a condition which lesser restoration removes. 🤷‍♂️

Why? Admittedly I was thinking just Restoration (not greater) which removes a disease but wearing glasses doesn't mean you're charmed, petrified or cursed. Your ability scores are not reduced nor is your HP max.

ezo

Where is that Singe?
Tastes vary of course, but this to me is still outstanding art.

View attachment 353229
Not to mention hilarious! :ROFLMAO:

Why? Admittedly I was thinking just Restoration (not greater) which removes a disease but wearing glasses doesn't mean you're charmed, petrified or cursed. Your ability scores are not reduced nor is your HP max.
Well, it removes blindness, which is vision so poor you cannot see. It seems reasonable to me that it would also handling simply "less than normal" vision as well. Since it also handles deafness, probably helps there, too.

Your interpretation may differ, but that is mine.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Never played a tier 1 game that felt like superheroes. Nothing less heroic then getting dropped by a kobold critting you at 2nd level or getting gored by a minotaur at 3rd or 4th level in one strike.
I think it’s partly the superhuman ability to fully regenerate from any and all damage unless it’s fatal with a nap. The ability to go from wildly above average (1st level) to demigod status in power inside a fortnight might also have something to do with it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think it’s partly the superhuman ability to fully regenerate from any and all damage unless it’s fatal with a nap. The ability to go from wildly above average (1st level) to demigod status in power inside a fortnight might also have something to do with it.

That's more a matter of how the game relates "damage" and, for that matter, "full HP" to injury compared to how you'd like it to. (It doesn't relate the two at all, beyond a very abstract connection - You can be at full HP and "injured" and you can be at near-zero and "unharmed", depending on the narrative).

But that's an argument that these boards have had over and over ad nausea.

At first I thought the Wizard picture was that Quandrix girl from Strixhaven (much like how I thought the Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse Illusionist entry was), but Quandrix girl is wearing turquoise coloured clothing and is younger.

"Omega level threat" is from X-Men '97, but is also a reference to how Storm is in the same power category as Magneto, Jean Grey, Exodus, Hope Summers and others who have no limits to their powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads