D&D 5E Here's The Stuff Gale Force 9 Is Releasing For Eberron

The new Eberron setting book comes out next month, and Gale Force Nine has a bunch of stuff lined up to accompany it - maps, DM screens, and more.

Screenshot 2019-10-15 at 17.11.20.png

Screenshot 2019-10-15 at 17.12.08.png

Screenshot 2019-10-15 at 17.13.02.png

gyor

Legend
I mean, these aren't WotC products, and they look like reprintings from 4E?

We have been awash in FR maps for years. Admittedly, mostly the Sword Coast, but to be fair the Sword Coast is the size of Europe.

I think the Sword Coast is closer to the Size of BC and California combined.

But anyways they look like 4e maps because they are Place Holders, look at the fine print at the bottom.

This link below might give you a closer look, read the very bottom, it says these are not be the final images of the maps. Aka they are place holders. They most likely ARE the 4e maps.

Gale Force Nine Delve Into The D&D World Of Eberron – OnTableTop – Home of Beasts of War

Also of note in the above link is the Lord of Blades, Warforged Cleric, Warforged Monk, ect..., minis.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think the Sword Coast is closer to the Size of BC and California combined.

But anyways they look like 4e maps because they are Place Holders, look at the fine print at the bottom.

This link below might give you a closer look, read the very bottom, it says these are not be the final images of the maps. Aka they are place holders. They most likely ARE the 4e maps.

Gale Force Nine Delve Into The D&D World Of Eberron – OnTableTop – Home of Beasts of War

Also of note in the above link is the Lord of Blades, Warforged Cleric, Warforged Monk, ect..., minis.

My quick estimate of the Sword Coast as depicted in the SCAG is something like 2.1 million square miles: a fair bit over half the size of Europe, and about three times the combined land area of California, BC, Washington and Oregon.

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Looking at the photo, it seems to be the same as GF9's other DM screens, which is to say, barely useful. I own both screens that Wizards of the Coast released as well as the Strahd and Mad Mage screens from GF9.

My hopes aren't too high. You can see they used a huge amount of space for big illustrations of the dragon marks. Now, maybe, there's some decent info on each house next to the dragonmarks associated with them. Keeping track of the houses, as well as the gods and planets, is a big help in Eberron since the lingo is such a big part of the feel of the setting.

Staffan

Legend
My quick estimate of the Sword Coast as depicted in the SCAG is something like 2.1 million square miles: a fair bit over half the size of Europe, and about three times the combined land area of California, BC, Washington and Oregon.
The Sword Coast, as defined by the region north of Amn and west of Cormyr and Anauroch, is about this big:
Sword Coast Size Comparison.PNG

So yeah, pretty big.

gyor

Legend
I still want FR continental maps, detailed ones. Heck I even want maps of the unexplored FR continents for all the planets in Realmspace, but I will settle Faerun, Kara Tur, Zakhara, and Maztica.

Actually a Map with the Faerun/Zakhara/Kara Tur super continent on one side and a map of that super continent's undark on the other side would be cool. Then a second map with Maztica on one side and Laerakond on the other.

Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Looking at the photo, it seems to be the same as GF9's other DM screens, which is to say, barely useful. I own both screens that Wizards of the Coast released as well as the Strahd and Mad Mage screens from GF9. The second screen that Wizards put out, the DM Screen Reincarnated, is the best of the officially licensed screens, but that's not saying much. GF9's screens are barely useful at the table. They have info that just isn't relevant to have at-hand. IMHO, there hasn't been a good DM screen released for 5e.

Yes GF9 DM screems aremt that good. honestly the 2e screens were great as was the 3.5 Kalamr screen Bit there hasnt been a good one for 5E yet.

Melfast

Explorer
Are adventure details in the video? Blurb only says 1st level Sharn adventure. Are there additional details on adventure(s) in book?

From a posting on Reddit that seems reliable:

- Overview of Eberron, emphasized potentials for adventure and post-WWI pulp style of setting.
  • Dragonmarked Houses as fantasy Corporations, playable Dragonmarked characters as race rules in the book
  • Rules and stories for playing, Warforged, Changlings, Kalsthar, Shifters, Goblins, Hobgoblins, Bugbears, Orcs. Playable Orc is different fro mthe Volo's Guide rules to reflect the different story (no intelligence malus, few other tweaks, still usable for other worlds, these are PC Orcs as opposed to Monster Manual Orcs like Volo's).
  • Full rules for the Artificer, including a new feature in this book for making Common and Uncommon magic items
  • Aberrant Dragonmark Feats are in the book
  • Group patron rules for organizations the late 19th-early 20th century style: newspapers, criminal syndicates, universities, spy rings: fourth choice after Race-Class-Background that the party makes together, has new fluff background features to give characters and adventure hooks
  • Possibility of the party becoming their own patron, example being creating your own Crime Syndicate
  • All of the above is Chapter 1 material
  • Chapter 2 is a Gazeeter of Korvaire and the world: delves into great nations, the religions, touches on otehr continents
  • Chapter 3 is a zoom in on Sharn, a microcosm of the setting, great place for Noir intrigue
  • Chapter 4 is a 100 page adventure creation toolkit comparable to Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica: wealth of adventure building tables, maps, organization information, first level adventure set in Sharn. Reveals brand new information about the Mournland, for instance, during the war they created not just regular Warforged and Warforged Titans but also Warforged Colossi the size of skyscrapers: one of the maps is of a fallen Warfored Colossi as a dungeon @doctorbadwolf
  • Section in "massive" chapter for creating adventures about Eberron's cosmology, and how it relates to Great Wheel multiverse, left to DM to decide how sealed off Eberron is by the Progenitor Dragons
  • There are extended magical item economy rules in chapter 5, Common magical items are plentiful: buying, selling, crafting rules and price lists.
  • Eberron specific monsters and NPCs in the sixth and final chapter, covering things like Daelkyr, Living Spells (3 different Living Spells in the book including Living Cloud Kill, and a template for making more) and various specific NPCs

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases