• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Cold Woods/Goblin Lair
30 Mother/6:33 AM
Weather: 70 F; No wind; Light rain
Round 0

Mindra doesn’t hear anything through the door. There doesn’t appear to be any traps, and it isn’t locked. As she opens the door, she sees a large room, her darkvision piercing the gloom. The room appears to have been a library of some sort. The remains of shelves line the walls, and rotted tables and chairs fill much of the center space, long collapsed and eaten by time. The remains of books and scrolls scatter around, and a couple sets of rusty old armor are displayed in the corners. Through the darkness she can make out a door on the left wall. It doesn’t appear that the goblins have been in here though.

“Yes, help her!” Sayine agrees with Theremin as she curls around his shoulders once more, peering at the parchments, though it’s clear she doesn’t know how to read. “No pictures,” she pouts.

OOC: Remember, with darkvision all perception checks are made at disadvantage unless you have light.

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfia2eFWHI135hyjdH8Evl5nkadujOyNAZYL0PLMU6Y/edit?usp=sharing

The dark grey areas are where you need darkvision to see, unless someone has lit a torch or the light spell.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 15 2/9
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10

Sayine AC 15 14/14
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Initiative:
Theremin
Sayine (just in case)
Mindra
Coriana
Liam

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light: Liam, Mindra, and Theremin darkvision 60.
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Except for Liam and Mindra, who have Devil's Sight, and can see normally in darkness.

In which case, Liam will lift his sash and do a perception check in the room.

[roll0]

Sent from my iPad using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30 Mother/6:34 AM
Round 0

OOC: Ah, right. Devil’s Sight. I keep forgetting that. I haven’t had much experience with warlocks yet. The ones I have in my occasional game took Eldritch Sight.

Liam stepped into the old library and lifted his eye cover to scan the room. He spotted something lying in the debris at the base of one of the old sets of armor. Badly tarnished, it appeared to be some kind of brass bottle with a lead stopper and decorative runes incised in the metal.
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfia2eFWHI135hyjdH8Evl5nkadujOyNAZYL0PLMU6Y/edit?usp=sharing

The dark grey areas are where you need darkvision to see, unless someone has lit a torch or the light spell.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 15 2/9
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10

Sayine AC 15 14/14
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Initiative:
Theremin
Sayine (just in case)
Mindra
Coriana
Liam

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin strained to see anything here. Fortunately, his elven ancestry helped, but it wasn't enough. He checked out the old armor, in case it was something he could use for better protection. He also whispered to Sayine, as he afectionately scratched her neck "Do you see anything interesting my dear?"

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam moved to the bottle and examined it with his Eldritch Sight, to make see if it had any magic on it, before picking it up and bringing it over it his companions.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30 Mother/6:35 AM
Round 1

Theremin studied the armor with his elven darkvision. It was plate, complete with gauntlets and visor. And they were old, of elven make, lithe and graceful for heavy armor. He remembered seeing the like in forgotten corners of his old family home in Keltarin. There were four, one in each corner. Most of them were covered in rust, some of them rusted through in places. One of them, in the far corner near where Liam was recovering some object from the debris, looked to have weathered time better.

"Do you see anything interesting, my dear?" Theremin asked Sayine.

“Yes…” the faerie dragon said in a tremulous voice, pointing with one claw. There was a creak, a squeal, as one of the suits of armor started to move.

As Liam studied the bottle he had recovered, he noted it was indeed magical, glowing with conjuration magic. From the corner of his eye he caught a flash of more magic as there was a squeal and clank of metal as one of the suits of armor stepped off of its pedestal.

OOC: And we’re in combat! I rolled initiative for you (you blew the Animated Armor out of the water), and the party is up first! Remember, without darkvision, the armor is heavily obscured to you where it is at in the corner until it comes into dim light. You do know where it is for purposes of targeting its space and are at disadvantage to hit it, but you cannot target it with spells that require you to see the target.

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 15 2/9
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10

Sayine AC 15 14/14
Armor: AC 18 33/33
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Initiative:
Player Average: 18
Animated Armor: 7

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam curses as he moves back, raising his hand and letting off a blast of Angelic Power at the moving suit of armor.

OOC: Eldridge Blast. [roll0]. Damage: [roll1]

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Coriana, regretting staying two rooms back, runs up and interposes herself between the armor and the others.

OOC: Assuming I have to start back in the other room, here is my action.
Move+Dash to Y14. Bonus Action, move Hex to Armor.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin didn't like being in the same room as a magic suit of armor. Regardless, he needed to support his companions, but he would do so on his own terms. Keeping his eyes on the ennemy as much as his elven vision allowed, he moved to the other side for the room and called upon magics to remove him from sight. "Stay put my dear, and don't make any noise" he whispered to Sayine to reassure her.

OOC: Move to Q11
Cast minor illusion of a wooden box around him.Both Saying and him can see through it.
Item interaction: none, he is already holding his crossbow.

edit: FYI, I finally stopped procrastinating and updated my character to level 2!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads