D&D Movie/TV Honor Among Thieves Getting China release and Chinese Movie Poster

NotAYakk

Legend
Chinese Movie Poster

Cute.

Two of the melee weapons are fire based, which is a bit sad.

I feel curiosity because I like curiosity. Let's suppose D&D is a success in China, and then Chinese producers want follow the same path. Really China has produced some fantasy movies, and also animated productions. A partnership with a Western company? Possible but not easy. Chinese censorship can be too hard. I guess the easier option would a Chinese production, and later these to be licenced to foreigner market.

But the troubles could start if something wrong happen in China, and then the Chinese products aren't wellcome in the international market.

We can have got a near idea about how would be D&D by Japanese players and creators... but by Chineses? What PC species would appear?

Will we see any time a D&D sourcebook inspired by Far-East cultures?

NotAYakk

Legend
I feel curiosity because I like curiosity. Let's suppose D&D is a success in China, and then Chinese producers want follow the same path. Really China has produced some fantasy movies, and also animated productions. A partnership with a Western company? Possible but not easy. Chinese censorship can be too hard. I guess the easier option would a Chinese production, and later these to be licenced to foreigner market.

But the troubles could start if something wrong happen in China, and then the Chinese products aren't wellcome in the international market.

We can have got a near idea about how would be D&D by Japanese players and creators... but by Chineses? What PC species would appear?

Will we see any time a D&D sourcebook inspired by Far-East cultures?
I mean, an Oriental Adventures that isn't a stewpot of western colonial goggles wouldn't suck.

So I'm for it. :)

I would bet Hasbro is interested into an "isekai & jianghu" sourcebook, but it is not easy. China, (South)Korea and Japan aren't friendly neighbours, and even maybe an Asian author could show stereotypes against other compatriots from a different region (and only a native would realise). If you use too many elements from a country but no other, then the rest would be "jealous".

But we should accept Japan has to be the main source because the impact in the Western culture is bigger than manga+anime.

And other point, to allow enough open space for future new classes, not only the psionic mystic, but also the ki martial adepts (crusader, warblade and swordsage).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases