• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hope you like your DDI Subscription!

Fast Learner

First Post
When I ordered my subscription I immediately canceled the auto-renew, because of the nice little text that they could review the cost and services and automatically renew me at the new price if I didn't.

For all I know it might be costing 10 times more in a year, and I didn't want that to be automatically charged to me.

Same here, yet magically, POOF, I got charged yesterday anyway (3-month subscription). So far just constant website errors when trying to cancel.

WotC_Chuck

First Post
I wanted to drop-in and let you guys know that we have a new process for requests to stop auto-renewal with D&D Insider. Simply fill out a web form on your My Accounts page and we’ll send you a cancellation confirmation. For a more detailed walk through, click here. As always, if you have problems with this process, feel free to contact us at 1-800-324-6496 between the hours of 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST Monday-Friday.

- Chuck

Shemeska

Adventurer
I should point out that as I understand it, the new thing still isn't an automated process. All it does it forward a request to Customer Service who still have to then manually turn off the auto-renew flag on someone's DDI account. You get an automated reply when you send in the request, but it might take days for them to actually turn off the auto-renew.

Nothing has really changed. It's just a different route to enact the same awkward system as has always been the case. It would be a heck of a lot simpler to just not require mandatory auto-renewal in order to sign up. Unless that changes, it just comes off as a deflection of criticism.

garyh

First Post
I should point out that as I understand it, the new thing still isn't an automated process. All it does it forward a request to Customer Service who still have to then manually turn off the auto-renew flag on someone's DDI account. You get an automated reply when you send in the request, but it might take days for them to actually turn off the auto-renew.

Nothing has really changed. It's just a different route to enact the same awkward system as has always been the case. It would be a heck of a lot simpler to just not require mandatory auto-renewal in order to sign up. Unless that changes, it just comes off as a deflection of criticism.

It took them 7 hours to complete my request. Given that my subscription expires in October, that seems like plenty of breathing room to me.

andozane

Explorer
Auto-renewal issues aside...

MY DM Swears by his DDI subscription. He won't shutup about how cool it is.

Now, me, I'm a pessimist...I don't understand how in hell the character builder is not done, and fully available yet. Supposedly the end of this month, we shall see.

Also, the compendium is really cool, they just need a much less clunky method to browse and search or filter it. Its current incarnation is very awkward to navigate.

BUT, it does have a TON of data there for you to pull from, which is endlessly cool.

Remove ads