How do you make the Fighters role more interesting?

I believe I was asking more about my characters "identity" in the 5e thread and got lots of stuff about "identity" and stuff about "how she could act" but this thread was more along the lines of "what can I do to portray my character?" which got quite a bit "you can do" and "your character can be like" and "read/watch this" results :) So :) I guess I'm happy with what I've gotten from this thread and will check back on it when things be added/when my awful memory starts to let me down :)

Ahh. As for how to act, I recommend taking cues from Judge Dread. That would be a good match for you.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Also see:

Jack, from Mass Effect 2.
Belanna Torres, from ST: Voyager, who is half-Klingon.
Wonder Woman. She's strong and takes no guff.
Captain America... but for the Orc way of life.

As a Half-Orc and a follower of Gruumsh, you're straight up BETTER qualified to handle any situation requiring any kind of muscle or physicality, period. There's literally no reason for you not to be first on the battlefield and the last to go home from the tavern.

Why are you with this group? Do you assert your dominance over them as the Queen Bee? You need to make up for your 'weaker' human blood somehow.

The Perfect Soldier is a stale trope (and usually Lawful Neutral - see Judge Dredd), but you don't follow a code of conduct other than that given to you by Gruumsh... and that code basically says kill, reproduce, and conquer. Kinda like some other Barbarian/Rogue character in someotherstory...

Any elves on the party? Gruumsh is no fan of elves and neither are orcs. Maybe you're vocal about it.

What Skills does your character have? If you took Soldier as background, you'd have a Specialty that explains what you did prior to becoming a Fighter™, as well as Athletics and Intimidation. Grappling is fun. Try some of that to prove your mettle.

I sadly have bad news :)

First of all :) Thank You for all of your Input :) Everyone :) I really mean it :)

You have all really helped me to flesh out Human and you've also helped me to find my voice :) It has been a pleasure to both develop and explore the Nature of Human :)

Ironically, what we have also done is 'explore subject of the "Human Contion" which I am very proud of you all for as well as myself (cause wow, that's proper thing, pretty awesome considering she was my first character, I couldn't be happier) and I also find it funny for obvious unintended reasons :)

Now then :) For the bad news :) The Group has come to cease :) Both of our DM's have handed in the flag as they have accepted Internships :) I found this out after "not being told that the session was cancelled, spending an hour waiting for anyone to turn up and going home only to not get a reply (or an apology) and then they spoke up on the facebook chat the next day in possibly the bluntest way possible :)

With this, my only regret is that "Human" cannot have a definitive/natural ending :) So, I'm going to twist things a bit and share with you the ending I believe suits this twist of fate :) The Death she was due were it not for the DMs attempts to divert fate :)

"The Death Of Human"
"Having cleared the Hags lair, Human and the rest of the party left cold and blooded after the conflict against Flail Snail whoose Icy Winds almost decimated the party :)"

"After a couple of days, the clearly OP Wizard who hired us and does nothing but paperwork paid us and then instantly charged us with the company of his Nerdy Cousin :)"
(quite literally, we had to pay 100g each to get a fricken gem incase the kid died)

"With a change in career choice, Human sold her Shield of Lightning Resistance and 1d10 Spathos Sword for a Greatsword with a +2 to hit and +3 Psychic Damage and set off towards some Drow Ruins with Nerd in Saddle :)"

"There a Tree of all things struck Human with Lightning and she made a charge towards the tree and regretted her decision to sell off her Shield very much :)"

"With everything she had, she struck at the Tree! Crit! Tons of damage! Crit! More Damage! Hit! Quite a bit of damage! :)"

"With her act of Courage, her allies struck down at the tree with Magic, Religion and Weapon! It still wasn't dead :)"

"Now with a chance to attack, Human was brutally swatted down to 1 hp :)"

"Human Struck again! The Tree Fell :)"

"With the Tree's destruction, the ground collapsed and with her 1hp, she fell to her death as she travelled 50 metres downwards only to hit the ground in Heavy Armour, carrying lots of heavy gear and holding tightly to her extra heavy Great Sword :("

"With that, her body did lay, broken, crushed and bloodied in a pile of dirt :( The chance for the Cleric to save her passed in a single moment as she was out of reach and with that, Human's fate was sealed :( As many a nameless Soldier before her, she died :("

"Human, my first character, rest for now and may I have the chance to revisit your Brilliance as you have trully become a beloved character to me :) Thank You for all you have done for me :) Good bye for now :)"

Last edited:

Remove ads