• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How has the 4e/3e schism affected you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlund

First Post
No drama, conflict, or problems anywhere off-line for me. We've still got some 3.5 play lingering and we've opened up 4.0 play as well. Life is good.

I think the iDrama of this whole thing is just evidence of this theory in action. [Note: Linked comic contains obscene language]

- Marty Lund

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Yers it has. I'm not embracing 4E, but am moving forward with adopting it for a new homebrew.

I still plan on supporting Tale of the Twin Suns as a 3.5 game though. So I'll be buying 4E & continue to support 3.5 with any products that come out that catch my interest [Pathfinder RPG].

Wormwood

Adventurer
I'm in two gaming groups with a total of eleven people.

Only one has expressed even the *remotest* reluctance to dump 3e in favor of 4e---and he's the resident rules abuser (sorry Eric, but it's true).

The only edition wars I see are virtual.

Dice4Hire

First Post
My group still loves 3.5 but we are giving 4E a fair try. After we do so, then we will choose which one to play, though I expect it to be 3.5, if the choice had to be made today. We'll see, however

As for the Trolling on the forums, I ignore as much as I can, though my opinion of a lot ot long time posters has taken a nosedive.

Yes, it is possible to troll, even if yo have thousands of psots, unfortunately.

thorian

Explorer
Directly or indirectly, 4E has affected my thusly:

1) I spend much less per month on gaming supplies. I used to buy every WotC book and many other publishers 3/3.5E materials. Now I have relatively few options remaining to support 3E.

2) I don't spend money on miniatures anymore.

3) My group has enough material to play the rest of our lives in 3E (we may look at 5E however).

4) I don't get to read Dragon and Dungeon magazines anymore. I vastly preferred getting a print magazine.

5) Living Greyhawk is gone. :( It was my favorite way to meet other players and one of my main reasons for going to conventions. Our group canceled our trip to GenCon this year.

6) I have no reason to play in RPGA events any more.

There are probably others, but that is just off the top of my head.

kiznit

Explorer
I was hoping that people would talk about how the schism is affecting their games, not how the new edition is. :(

But I suppose they're inevitably related.

hong

WotC's bitch
One guy in our group walked out on the KotS session, after complaining it was too videogamey. But he did the same apparently with the 2E/3E transition, so he might come around eventually. Or he might not. Either way, it's better than having him moping and brooding and not having fun.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
It's getting on my fracking nerves. IRL it's not an issue for me.

On ENWorld, I wish the mods would start bringing down the ban hammer on the trolls. It's getting way out of hand is is making it very hard to enjoy the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads