WotC How Hasbro’s Chris Cocks is steering the toy company into games | The DeanBeat

mamba

Legend
"I think of Chris Cocks as the gamer who took over a big toy company. He was named the CEO of Hasbro in February 2022, even though he wasn’t a Hasbro lifer.

Cocks started at the company in 2016 as president of the Wizards of the Coast division, which publishes Magic: The Gathering (which saw 10% revenue growth in 2023). Before joining Hasbro, he managed brands at Microsoft, Leapfrog and Procter & Gamble."

With that history, why think of him as a gamer at all...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
"I think of Chris Cocks as the gamer who took over a big toy company. He was named the CEO of Hasbro in February 2022, even though he wasn’t a Hasbro lifer.

Cocks started at the company in 2016 as president of the Wizards of the Coast division, which publishes Magic: The Gathering (which saw 10% revenue growth in 2023). Before joining Hasbro, he managed brands at Microsoft, Leapfrog and Procter & Gamble."

With that history, why think of him as a gamer at all...
Because he played D&D and Magic since Middle School.

In my land we say "Speaking of the king of Rome, he appears through the door" (by chance it appears what we were talking about)

Gameloft Montreal to develop and publish a new PC and console game based on the legendary Dungeons & Dragons® IP​

----

Don't put all the eggs in only one basket. Maybe Dark Sun could find a chance for the revival thanks the videogame industry.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
In my land we say "Speaking of the king of Rome, he appears through the door" (by chance it appears what we were talking about)

Gameloft Montreal to develop and publish a new PC and console game based on the legendary Dungeons & Dragons® IP​

----

Don't put all the eggs in only one basket. Maybe Dark Sun could find a chance for the revival thanks the videogame industry.
"Speak of the devil, and he will come" is the usual Engliah turn of phrase.

"The game, set in the mythical Forgotten Realms within the Dungeons & Dragons® universe, will bring unique cooperative gameplay built around an innovative hybrid of survival, life simulation and action RPG. Players can expect an adventure where the rich lore of this legendary franchise meets real-time survival in a unique campaign of resilience, camaraderie, and danger at nearly every turn."

I didn't know what a life simulator was, so I looked it up, its games like The Sims and Animal Crossing. Mix that Survival game, like Sims: Castaways. And then throw in some action RPG.

So what is this going to be, basically Sims: The Forgotten Realms?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
"The game, set in the mythical Forgotten Realms within the Dungeons & Dragons® universe, will bring unique cooperative gameplay built around an innovative hybrid of survival, life simulation and action RPG. Players can expect an adventure where the rich lore of this legendary franchise meets real-time survival in a unique campaign of resilience, camaraderie, and danger at nearly every turn."

I didn't know what a life simulator was, so I looked it up, its games like The Sims and Animal Crossing. Mix that Survival game, like Sims: Castaways. And then throw in some action RPG.

So what is this going to be, basically Sims: The Forgotten Realms?
Well, no, for survival game look at Minecraft, Don't Starve, Terraria, Arkansas, No Man's Sky, Valheim, that recent Moria game, etc.

Remove ads