D&D General How much dice do you own?

How many individual dice do you own?

• None. Yeah, I'm that person. Give me your dice. Dice Mooch.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
A few hundred, but it ebbs and flows. Occasionally I'll treat myself to a nice set or a unique, I mostly I'll just pick up a cheap grab-bag of many sets now and then.
I like to keep lots on hand mainly so I can gift matched sets to new players, nieces & nephews, or whoever.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
''yadayadayada I'm Vincegetorix's girlfriend and he really has too much!, yada yada yada''

Seriously I have about 100, but I'm really peculiar in my tastes: I only use pink dice, or maybe magenta if I'm feeling wild.

Mercurius

Legend
I've been playing since the 70s. Dice accumulate. I have over a thousand. I have over a hundred that came with various different boxed sets. I bought a large bag of cheap dice to hand out to players that forgot their dice. I bought many sets of dice that were puuuuurty. I bought novel dice (d24, dice with dice inside them, etc...) I bought someone's D&D collection at a garage sale that included hundreds of dice. It all adds up.

You win (so far). And thanks for making the rest of us feel sane. Sort of.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I'm sure that in 10-20 years, I'll have a dragon's hoard of dice. I'm starting small. Eventually I want to get some of the tiny ones, giant ones, and others. I have a nice set of glow in the dark dice, but I need more.

Undrave

Legend
I've been playing since the 70s. Dice accumulate. I have over a thousand. I have over a hundred that came with various different boxed sets. I bought a large bag of cheap dice to hand out to players that forgot their dice. I bought many sets of dice that were puuuuurty. I bought novel dice (d24, dice with dice inside them, etc...) I bought someone's D&D collection at a garage sale that included hundreds of dice. It all adds up.

Forget Dice Goblin, you're a Dice Dragon! :O

pogre

Legend
Thousands, I measure my dice by the pound. Not really a collector though. Allow me to explain - I used to get an order from Alliance distribution every two weeks. I had a standing order for two pounds of dice. Every time I ran a game and there was someone who needed a set of dice, I would lay out a tub of dice and have them pick a set. After the game, I will invite them to keep the dice. That was years ago, but even now I still have tons of dice.

Oddly, I rarely use my old dice. I have bought several sets of bigger dice that are easier for me to see. Those four or five sets are what I use.

Remove ads