• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General How old are you?

How old are you?

• 18-24

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • 25-29

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • 30-34

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • 35-39

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • 40-44

Votes: 29 13.2%
  • 45-49

Votes: 55 25.0%
  • 50-54

Votes: 46 20.9%
  • 55-59

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • 60+

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Poll closed .

Stormonu

Legend
I'll be 50 in May. I got the Holmes edition for Christmas in around '80 (all I remember was it was 4th grade). Lost the rulebook (actually, I think my dad my have hid it/thrown it out), but had B2 for reference until I bought a Moldvay basic set at the Red Barn flea market a year later.

My two current game groups consists of members who are 50, 45, 25, 23, 21, 19 and 16. Yeah, I do a lot of cat herding...

Richards

Legend
One of my players just turned 55 yesterday - and spent his evening playing in our 3.5 campaign like we do on most Wednesdays.

Johnathan

Maelish

Explorer
I'm in my early 50's. Started playing in 1986 with 1E Ad&d. I often wonder what happened to the guys who introduced me to gaming back then during my highschool's homeroom.

Those same guys introduced me to Fritz Leiber. Thanks fellows!

Fenris447

Explorer
Jeez. Normally I feel like an old man at 30. But y'all are making me feel like a little baby up in here. I started playing 3-4 years ago. Been playing 5e the majority of the time, though I've had a few dabblings into FFG Star Wars and Apocalypse World. I DM two 5e campaigns that each meet every other week, and play in two more 5e games that each meet once every 2-3 months.

Out of all those, only three players really played older D&D editions. But I love learning from them and from you all what the game used to be like. Can't appreciate what you have if you don't understand what came before.

Remove ads