• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How to tell someone not to come back.

NotZenon

Explorer
to me the issue, if he is a friend and nice guy, is getting him to participate more.

my group has a no internet or cell phone usage unless its an emergency or something rule.

as for taking too long on his turn, my players know to think about their actions on other players turns, if i feel like they are taking too long i start the countdown to declare an action 5 . 4. 3. 2. 1. if they don't declare in that time they lose there turn due to indecisiveness. - a round is only 6 seconds long (in dnd at least) I don't think its unfair for them to have only a few minutes to metagame and decided their actions.

both these rules developed due to a player much like the one you described.

If you really feel the need to kick him out though, and you want to salvage the friendship, tell him why and give him a few game sessions to change his ways.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
It seems like you need to sort out the behaviour you're not happy with.

Get him a character sheet and tell him he's got to concentrate on the game. I'm not sure why these weren't basic given rules of being in the group anyway - how could he play without a sheet?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads