• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How were you introduced to RPGs?

How were you introduced to RPGs?

• Through friends

Votes: 78 40.2%
  • Through family

Votes: 41 21.1%
  • Through work colleagues

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Commercial organised game event (conventions etc.)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Private organised game event (game club open day, LGS session etc)

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Through another type of game (CCG, MMORPG etc.)

Votes: 14 7.2%
  • Followed up an advert or out of curiosity

Votes: 21 10.8%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 34 17.5%

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
I voted other. Technically, my first exposure to D&D was the Red Box set that a neighbor that I didn't even really like brought over to my house and gave to me. We played once...and I wasn't sure what to make out of it. It took a long time and it was kind of confusing(I was 12 or something at the time).

Then I was reintroduced to D&D on a message board on a BBS(Bulletin Board System for those who don't know...what we used to dial into before there was the internet). There was a play by post game going on. I played for a couple of weeks.

Then, I was talking to a guy on my BBS that I ran who wanted to run a Robotech RPG on my message boards. We started talking about RPGs and D&D, and he invited me to his house in order to join his group. So, my first "real" D&D experience was with a group of people I'd never met before. That's why I didn't vote "friends".

theskyfullofdust

First Post
I was introduced to D&D 1st Edition by my dad, way back when I was a mere 8 years old and already engrossed in reading fantasy books. It was a family game, uncles and my aunt mostly, and lasted for over a decade before real-life broke us up; then I carried the torch and introduced brothers and friends to it (and we still play today).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads