Paizo How will OGL 1.1 affect Pazio, PF1 and P2?

Wouldn’t tha
Indeed. For a small company which manages a hit a million dollars on Kickstarter it's a hefty sum. For a company like Paizo, that initial $750K is almost irrelevant -- they'd be paying 25% of millions.
Wouldn’t that push them to fight this in court then? Pay 25% in fees forever or take an own time court / lawyer hit. Seems simple math to me.

JmanTheDM

Explorer
They almost certainly will not!
IANAL. and I am not a US Citizen - so, what do I know?

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but I'm not following all the discussions, like at all.
but isn't this entire issue (if its true), purpose built for a class action suit (assuming it can certify)? Paizo may need to take a lead to try and certify this - but then, unlike a gofundme or other sources of funding, a consortium of 3PP's, content creators, small publishers, video games publishers et. al. can join this one class action and spread costs across all parties and have a single representative voice when confronting WotC?

Cheers,

J.

nevin

Hero
If i were planning to avoid this mess, i'd scrub PF 2e and make sure it has no OGL content.

Then i'd stuck up a share and post all my companies OGL content (pf1e) stuff for free giving people all the 1E lots of content that competes directly with DND under old OGL and then make my own OGL for publishers and try to grow PF2E by giving all the 3rd party publishers a better place to go.

almost none of the DND branded material is the best content. Paizo and other publishers regularly make better content than DND.

If i were planning to avoid this mess, i'd scrub PF 2e and make sure it has no OGL content.

Then i'd stuck up a share and post all my companies OGL content (pf1e) stuff for free giving people all the 1E lots of content that competes directly with DND under old OGL and then make my own OGL for publishers and try to grow PF2E by giving all the 3rd party publishers a better place to go.
Are you familiar with Archive of Nethys?

IANAL. and I am not a US Citizen - so, what do I know?

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but I'm not following all the discussions, like at all.
but isn't this entire issue (if its true), purpose built for a class action suit (assuming it can certify)? Paizo may need to take a lead to try and certify this - but then, unlike a gofundme or other sources of funding, a consortium of 3PP's, content creators, small publishers, video games publishers et. al. can join this one class action and spread costs across all parties and have a single representative voice when confronting WotC?

Cheers,

J.
Can you do a class action as a defendant?

Remove ads