D&D (2024) How you going to roll... 5.24 into your game(s)?

I'm playing in a single active 5e campaign playing through ToA, and I expect that we'll finish that campaign with the current rules and characters. Maybe we'll adopt a few rules from the new books, but we're not planning to allow 2024 character options or spells.

Hopefully the release of the new books won't break D&D beyond, as we're heavy users. I hope I can still find my "legacy" content while I need it, and that it doesn't get completely mixed up with the new stuff.

Hussar

Legend
Just canvassed my group. Of the 5 people (including myself), 3 had no idea that there was a new version coming out. One is interested and I'm kinda on the fence.

So, it looks like I won't be making any drastic changes just yet.

delericho

Legend
As it happens, I've decided against moving to the 2024 revision. However the way we've handled these things in the past (including the 3.0 -> 3.5 change, which appears to be the closest equivalent this time) is that we've wrapped up an existing campaign and then started the new one with the new rules.

If we were changing, that's what we'd do again. And it would be a case of switching - no mix-and-match editions for us.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I haven't decided which of the new systems on the horizon that I'm most likely to move to as a gm. If that choice is 5.05 or whatever though it would be a clean break from the old, I have no interest in trying to juggle running franken-edition

Zardnaar

Legend
As it happens, I've decided against moving to the 2024 revision. However the way we've handled these things in the past (including the 3.0 -> 3.5 change, which appears to be the closest equivalent this time) is that we've wrapped up an existing campaign and then started the new one with the new rules.

If we were changing, that's what we'd do again. And it would be a case of switching - no mix-and-match editions for us.

That's what we do. Probably switch the when is up for debate.

Remove ads