D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline. According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric. In recent...

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
Oh ok. So because he got old his acting suffered somehow? Way to be ageist. Have you seen the list of awards he has to his name (including the LotR films)? Christopher Lee - IMDb

Age had nothing to do with it. In 1999 he hasn't had a hit in years and he wasn't an A lister.
Not claiming he's a bad actor. Generally you get maybe 10 years in the spotlight Leonardo D'Caprio, Tom Cruise and a few others are exceptions to that.

Lee's profile is also higher now because if the LotR movies. In the 90s he was that old B grade horror movie actor and the guy from Man With Golden Gun movie and N64 game.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It's not really twisted to point out that hundreds of millions of not-Americans watched Lee's performances and made lots of not-Dollars for him and the movies he was in. He was an A-lister in the English speaking world, just not in North America.
Maybe actually read what I replied to? They twisted another poster's words into a statement of ageism, which it very clearly wasn't.

Zardnaar

Legend
Most Americans, sure.

But why continue to insist that only Americans matter for a global film?

Lord of the Rings made twice the money internationally as it did domestically.

So? It was a hit movie with ensemble cast.

I don't think it's success had a lot to do with Lee in particular.

So? It was a hit movie with ensemble cast.

I don't think it's success had a lot to do with Lee in particular.
I don't think it had to with any cast members, even Elijah Wood, Liv Tyler, or any of those well known. It was made in NZ with a few Americans, some established British talent and a host of cheaper Australian and New Zealand locals filling out the cast.

Remove ads

Remove ads