• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

Dark080matter

First Post
In the name of the Dragons, both Above and Below, any general info on the mechanics of Shifters, Changeling and Warforged as PC races would be gloriously awesome.

If the mechanics are sound for these races (especially Shifters) they will be making solid appearances in my WIP homebrew campaign (think something along the lines of "Fantasy Dune: Points of Sand" :D) along with possibly some house-ruled racial feats... to tide me over till Eberron in '09.

Thanks for everything!

Khaim

First Post
Rechan said:
Monster Stats By Role. It looks something like this:
Code:
Roles (Brute ARtillery Bla bla) 
Init Bonus 
Hit Points 
AC 
Attack vs. AC 
Attacks vs. Other Defenses* *Reduce attack bonus by two for attacks that target multiple opponents

I assume there's a line for each defense as well. Are the numbers listed the actual ones, or is it just a modifier to the monster's level? Because if so, I totally called it.

zoroaster100

First Post
Can someone please confirm the racial ability bonuses for half-elves? Both pre-gen half-elves we have seen had +2 on Charisma and +2 on Constitution, but there was speculation that at least the +2 Con was possibly a flexible bonus the half-elf could choose for any physical stat. Was that correct, or is it a straight +2 to Constitution?

andrew

First Post
jackston2 said:
Somebody post some mundane items, you know, just some little trinkets for the players to buy wile playing shadowfell.

Until the new books come in I'm sticking to the equipment section of the 3.5PH and the various sourcebooks (excluding alchemical items) for adventuring gear.

As for minor magic items (the shop occasionally has them), the previews have shown that level 1 magic items cost 360gp. That should cover any basic +1 enhancement for weapons, armor, and implements. It should be reasonable to make level one skill boost items based on the previews that give +1 or +2 to a skill check. Round off the list with healing potions at 50gp and that's about all Winterhaven has to offer.

keterys

First Post
zoroaster100 said:
Can someone please confirm the racial ability bonuses for half-elves? Both pre-gen half-elves we have seen had +2 on Charisma and +2 on Constitution, but there was speculation that at least the +2 Con was possibly a flexible bonus the half-elf could choose for any physical stat. Was that correct, or is it a straight +2 to Constitution?

It's +2 Con.

I'll admit it's a little odd... whereas the +2 to any other stat would have fit along with the human thing and made half-elves a bit more appealing (not that they're horrible)

baberg

First Post
Dark080matter said:
In the name of the Dragons, both Above and Below, any general info on the mechanics of Shifters, Changeling and Warforged as PC races would be gloriously awesome.
There are two variants of Shifters, Longtooth and Razorclaw. Longtooth seems to be the more "standup fighter" style of Shifter while Razorclaw is the sneakier Rogue-ish guy. They get unique Minor Encounter bloodied-only abilities. Longtooth gets some health regeneration and bonus damage while Razorclaw gets movement and defense bonuses

Warforged are, of course, Warforged. Great fighters. They're harder to kill when they're knocked unconscious - they can "Take 10" on their death saving roll. Encounter power, Minor, grants a small bit of Temporary HP.

The Doppleganger is insane. Change Shape is an at-will Minor action power, can imitate specific people, and gets a +20 bonus to Bluff checks while they're polymorphed. They don't get too many bonuses other than that (aside from the standard +2 to 2 stats) but man, is that a powerful at-will ability.

baberg

First Post
zoroaster100 said:
Half-Elves get +2 CHA, +2 CON. Only Humans can choose where to put their bonus ability score (+2 to one ability)

Scipio202

Explorer
Someone mentioned Polymorph is a ritual. Any more details? Is there a limited list of what you can polymorph into? Do you only get some of the stats/abilities of what you morph into?

Rechan

Adventurer
Okay, for those who want to know all about two weapon fighting.

Rangers with TWF can wield a one-handed weapon as if it was an off-hand weapon. They also get toughness free.

There's a TWF feat: You get a +1 to damage rolls when you have two weaposn in hand.

TW Defense: You get a +1 shield bonus to AC and Ref when you have two weapons in hand.

Half the ranger's powers are TWF.

Multiclassing With Paragon Paths:
The Multi-classing with Paragon Paths looks like you can't get a 3rd class. The pre-req is having the Novice/Acolyte/Adept feats.

11th level, you can replace an at-will power from class 1 to class 2.
11th (When you would get a PP encounter power), you can pick any 7th level Encounter power from class 2.
12th: In place of a PP Utility power, you get Utility power of 10 or lower from class 2.
20th: Instead of PP daily power, you get 19th level or lower Daily power from Class 2.

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
Khaim said:
I assume there's a line for each defense as well. Are the numbers listed the actual ones, or is it just a modifier to the monster's level? Because if so, I totally called it.
Each defense is NOT listed, oddly. There might be a typo, but it seems that EVERY monster's defenses are: Level+12. Which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Remove ads