D&D General I am so done with kickstarter

LOL I just turned 53
side point... does anyone know the age range of teh average poster here... I put I was in my 40s in a post expecting I was on the older grognard side, and someone else said 50s... is this board all older players (not really old, I mean that's like late 70s into 80's.... although at 16 I thought 30's was old...oh no)

jgsugden

Legend
In the end, Kickstarter is a seller offering to provide you with product (or services) in exchange for cash. If they blow it and can't perform under their offer, you can't do much to force their hand.

To encourage you to buy from them they often include 'exclusives' that can only be purchased there. FOMO results in people backing projects that they know in their hearts will never be fully utilized by them. They'll pay $500 for a board game where they'll only use 10% of the things included, if they're lucky.

If you want to do Kickstarter backing - I recommend you really focus on whether you'll get your money out of the situation - and consider putting a limit on how much you'll back before you get your value out of what you've already backed.

side point... does anyone know the age range of teh average poster here... I put I was in my 40s in a post expecting I was on the older grognard side, and someone else said 50s... is this board all older players (not really old, I mean that's like late 70s into 80's.... although at 16 I thought 30's was old...oh no)

Morrus has shared numbers for overall ENWorld visitor, but I don't think it was possible to slice that up by general user vs. poster.

I do think those of us who post tend to skew above 40, in general (based on past mentions in different threads) but I could be totally wrong. Younger TTRPG posters seem to gravitate more toward Reddit and Twitter.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
I have not looked at the PDF. Waiting on the print copy. But I do have faith there is good stuff in there.

There probably is, but it’s written in the 80’s style of pages (and pages….and pages) of long-form prose explaining all the background and history and factions. I’m sure some people still prefer that, but my eyes glaze over.

I probably should have expected that, given the “old school” emphasis. Maybe 7 or 8 years ago when I backed it I wasn’t so burned out on that sort of thing.

Morrus has shared numbers for overall ENWorld visitor, but I don't think it was possible to slice that up by general user vs. poster.

I do think those of us who post tend to skew above 40, in general (based on past mentions in different threads) but I could be totally wrong. Younger TTRPG posters seem to gravitate more toward Reddit and Twitter.
interesting okay I alwasy just assumed I was talking to a bunch of 'kids' in there teens and twenties with a few in thirties and my age and older were rare... I guess I am about the average age then.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer

We've had polls taken on the forum, the forum seems to skew older than the site visitors. I think the median poll voter was in the early-mid 40s.

Weiley31

Legend
The only reason I'm starting to get done with Kickstarters is due to the overall long wait times (I get it, but still) and the constant Kickstarter Exclusives.

Remove ads