• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I am Thinking about buying an Nintendo.

kirinke

First Post
Haven't really done much research, actually this is the start of it. I've shopped around a lil and Nintendo sounds like the best bet. Most people do have good things to say about the DS, which is what I'm looking at. WII I dunno, depends on how much it costs.

freebfrost

Explorer
Wii will be in the $200-$250 range in the US.

Plus their entire backlog of Nintendo games (and most of Segas) will be available for it.

kirinke

First Post
That's really not too bad considering that some of the newer game systems (not the hand-helds) out there run anywhere from 400-600 dollars.

I'm saving up to buy something along the lines of the ds or the WII. I take it that isn't the hand held game systems.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Looks like the Wii will be $250, but come with "Wii Sports". (Dunno if that includes writing your name in the snow, or if that will be saved for "Wii Winter Games")

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
If you're interested in older games, the Wii is almost certainly worth the extra $100 or so you would pay over the GameCube because it's backwards compatible and, more importantly, will allow you to cheaply acquire lots of classic Nintendo and Sega games; basically, it's like getting a new system + a gamecube + a 'Best Of' collection of the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64.

Unfortunately, that DOESN'T include Pokemon, for which you would need to buy a used GameBoy or GameBoy Advance (NOT a DS). :\

Remove ads