(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
~The Guild’s magician used this on my sister and I before. Never liked it, but saw how useful it was when we scouted.~

Jack scowls a bit while squinting at the steading.

-Wish she were here for this. She always liked magic more than I.~

As Tenibor finishes up his ritual Quinn draws a curved implement that looks like a sickle but with the blade wrapped in sack cloth. An almost imperceptible glow like moonlight coming from a small section of the blade that is not covered tightly. He then uses the magic Tenibor bestowed on them.

Please gather around me. For the earth and stars will help keep prying eyes from us but they work through me.

When everyone is gathered close enough Quinn begins to speak softly under his breath as he uses the sickle to draw patterns in the ground. As he completes the last lines and his voice trails off there is a small pressure wave like a light gust of wind. It moves outward from the completed pictograph stopping thirty feet from Quinn. All within the area notice that the moonlight seems to slide off of them, leaving them in a pool of shadows. As they move the plants and detritus shift as to avoid them and the ground itself absorbs their footfalls muffling them as they move.

This will continue as long as Tenibor's magic so we should move with haste or lose it's boon.

OOC: Casting pass without trace.

Quinn: AC17* HP 62/62 HD 9/9 PP19 SSdc18 4/4 2/3 3/3 3/3 1/1 WS 2/2 GB 4/4 CO 4/4 ET 1/1 DS 1/1 H 1/1 MS 1/1 Ba 1/1

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
The firbolg nodded once, seriously, at the druid. His voice echoed in the other's heads oddly, like the language he thought in wasn't the common tongue.

~<Jack, will you lead the way?>~

OOC: Rary's says you don't need to share a language, so that Eoghan thinks in Sylvan shouldn't be an issue. I've been using <> instead of "" when speaking it. And now following TerraDave's ~~ for mental.
Eoghen Stealth (+4) with Pass without Trace (+10) now using the right dice term: 1D20+14 = [6]+14 = 20
(If you check my CoyoteCode history, I did this three times because I was using "d20" instead of "1d20" and it wasn't adding the die to it, just the modifiers. Oops.)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Two of Lord Falldur's scouts had joined the company on their journey to the steading. They would keep an eye on their progress and report to the cairn. They were Bible's old friend, the sailor Cromby, and a woman in practical riding clothes named Siersha. She had brought her horse, a short, tough-looking grey named Eon.

Cromby had told them, "Siersha here is th'only one who can safely make it through the hills on horseback, without breakin' the horse's ankle or bein' thrown off the saddle."

OOC: The two scouts can be included in both spells without going over the target limits.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When the spellcasting was completed, the company moved toward the steading walls, careful to approach from a spot that had most of the roof obscure the view of anyone in the watchtower. They used the palisade wall itself for cover, and were able to arrive close enough to touch the outer wall without incident.

The scouts stayed in the hills, patiently watching the events unfold. Conveniently, they would also be able to warn the company should any creatures approach the steading from outside.

OOC: I'll take the stealth checks just to have a general idea of how well each of you is sneaking around the outside, but unless you get in direct line-of-sight with a giant, PWoT will make it nigh-impossible for them to notice you. What's the first thing you'd like to do?

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
Bible dons her high peaked helm, covering the auburn braids wrapped tightly round her head and fastening the strap under her chin. She also unslings her shield from her back and straps it on her left forearm.

"No windows," she thinks telepathically as she observes the steading, "but there may be another way in besides the front door. As long as we’re all magicked to prevent us getting noticed, we oughta take a look around the building for any alternative entrances.”

Bible rubs her chin and regards the chimneys poking up through the thatched roof of the main building as they circle its perimeter, trying to puzzle out the possible location of a kitchen area from their configuration.

"If we could get in near their kitchen, we might could find me sweet little halfling friend and break her out before she gets turned into soup and gets gobbled up by these %$@ !$@%& monsters!"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
With the growing shadows of dusk clinging to them, and their footfalls making no sound, the company began to have a poke about the palisade wall.

OOC: Couple of questions: 1) Do you make a full perimeter sweep? (You could cut its time in half by having 3 go clockwise and 3 go counter); 2) There are three gates: a) Main (near watchtower, but if you stay close to the wall they can't see you); b) south of the outbuilding on the east wall; c) west of the outbuilding on the north wall. All are barred from the inside, but it's possible to listen (or maybe peek, if there's a space between logs). Everyone who wants to can roll me a perception check, and I'll give you some info based on the relative results. Y'all have pretty high passives, so I'll be generous with basic information as well.

Remove ads