• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Quinn flew over the roof and through the smoke-hole. The vast Great Hall was in a much quieter mood than they had been earlier, but the chief's table still held food and drink. Chief Nosnra sat in the middle, with two giants on either side of him. At one end of the table sat the stone giant emissary, and at the other end was a female giant that was likely the chief's wife Grutha.

The mood was mixed, but the group sat watching as a young hill giant wrestled with a scarred old grizzly bear. A pair of hill giants tended the bonfire in the firepit, while another hill giant stood to the south, commentary at the match. Another young hill giant crossed the floor heading eastward.

Lastly, a hill giant in heavy armor stood by the grand double-doors to the south.

G1GreatHall.jpg

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
~Doubt we're in any shape to take on the Chief~ Jack mentally projected to the others, ~and we probably don't have time to explore much downstairs.~

~I say we check on the room to the south with the stairs to see if it's still occupied. Either that or we find another area to explore - as long as it doesn't involve going through that Great Hall...~

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Time? So far this return has been nothing but a waste of time.

~
We know the courtyard and the great hall are giant filled. The entry hall is almost certainly the same. This will make it very difficult to move about the steading. Unless we go down these stairs.~

Tenibor will move to the head of the stairs. If needed he will use his giant strength to move some wood out of the way. He will then look and listen down them.

(Perception 22)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tenibor took a look from where Jack was. There was no easy way into the stairwell from the kitchen (the logs there also supported the roof). Through the crack, his elvish eyes could make out the top of the stairs, which started at a giant guard barracks, where he could just make out a hill giant, sitting at the foot of a bed under the dim light of a hanging brazier.

Tenibor will move to the head of the stairs. If needed he will use his giant strength to move some wood out of the way. He will then look and listen down them.
OOC: It may have been unclear, but the "head of the stairs" is in another room - the one to the south that when you were there earlier, there were giants that were heckling another giant - making him look like an idiot for thinking that something was going on. You fooled him into thinking they were right.

1660605131694.png

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
~<Our goal is to find out more to stop the threat. I would think their chief would be the best place to go. If we are ever going to face him, now would be best. We will be more worn down later.>~

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
~Well I’m certainly game if the rest of you are. Just give me one good shot with my Darling and he’ll be beggin’ to talk.~ Jack said with more swagger than he felt.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
OOC: Let’s take it to the full group thread to discuss then. I’m unclear where we are at in terms of caster resources and healing. Jacks good to go, but not sure about the rest.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The dangers of telepathic communication. Or tricky DM maps.

~Jack was probably right in the first place. The room to the south may be the best option, though it may lead to yet another encounter. But it may be better to do that now, then, say, when fighting all the other giants and they attack us from behind.~

Remove ads